Moving collumns

I’m trying to move collumns from one sheet to another. Only solution I have found to this is the read range followed by write range feature but it seems to be very slow. Is there any other solution to this?

Hi @Atharv_Madne ,

You could try reading the entire datatable and select those columns you want before writing it to the other sheet like so:

Dt.DefaultView().ToTable(False, "Column1", "Column2"...)

Would that help?

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

HI @Atharv_Madne

Have a look on the thread

Regards
Gokul

Its the writing that takes time not the reading

This thread is for moving between the same excel. I’m trying to move it between two different excels

HI @Atharv_Madne

You can try with filter Datatable activity

• Use the Read Range activity
  • Filter Datatable and in filter wizard goto Output column and add the column you want by clicking plus in the wizard and save them in another DT (It will store only those columns which you gave)

• And Now you can use write range to write those column

Regards
Sudharsan

Your Question is to move column from one sheet to another for that above post will be the solution.

You have new query here?

Regards
Gokul

My apologies I meant between two completely different excels. Not two different sheets

The write range feature is taking very long to execute

How many rows do you have in the excel? @Atharv_Madne

And also can you elaborate a bit more about your task? @Atharv_Madne

The number of rows is undefined as it is a monthly process and could vary so I need to select the entire collumn

Hi @Atharv_Madne

How much time it is taking to write the data?

How many line do you have in the excel?

Look into the thread

Regards
Gokul

HI @Atharv_Madne

Okay then you can try with this

Regards
Sudharsan

1 Like

Hi @Atharv_Madne ,

We would need you provide Details of Approximately How many Rows and Columns of Data are we dealing with for Each Process Run.

Also what is the time taken for Completion of Process When using the Write Range for the current numbers of Rows and Column of Data.

Based on this we can interpret and decide on a Suggestion.