Move File activity not working for files in mapped network drive

i would suggest you to try this: https://go.uipath.com/component/sharepoint-custom-activities-package

Ah I have looked at that when beginning the automation, but they consistently gave me errors as well (I have asked some people who used this before and they were also unable to help me with this)

Because the move file activity is not working, I was thinking about using the copy file activity to copy the file to the new folder and delete the one in the original, but the issue with this is that the copied file does not keep the original creation date, which is something that I have to have. Do you know of a way I could preserve the original creation date on the copied file?

I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your help

It will not be possible to keep (or edit) the original create date if you use copy approach in sharepoint, but if you are just moving files inside the same libray and just different folders, it should work, unless you have approval or checkin/checkout enabled there and it is preventing you from moving…

Ah it seems on the mapped network drive, I am unable to move files manually. So I think that is the issue.
@bcorrea

1 Like

i think it is always better when moving files from the shared location first move the file into local drive and then move into a shared location.Because when moving file from shared location to shared location files may get crash.

@Hisuhong , how did you end up solving the issue?

@lfcosta not quite but I will put it off for now, as other issues have been found :sweat_smile: