More then 2 robots running at the same environment - architecture

Need some help with it architecture

Is it possible to run 2 or more robots with one attended license on one vm production environment for example windows 2016

If we want to deploy more then 25 robots on 1 vm environment, what kind of we server do need? windows 2016 or terminal server. and can we run all of the 25 robots on the same time.

Running mulitple robots on de same machine ( windows 2016 example) means that one or more robots need to wait till the other robot is complete, right? And with the maximum session on a vm windows 2016 server means dat 2 robots actually can run at the same time and the rest needs to wait. is it possible to have more sessions open then 2 or do we need a different server? for example a terminal server? or do we need a second vm environment? hope to hear from you soon guys

ps:

@creative
If you want to open the same machine with different user ID and password I think you should have Remote Desktop Services(RDS).
This is related to High Density Robots Concept. You can go through the document portal for more details.

Regards
Mahesh

1 Like

Ha Mahesh1,@mahesh1

Thank you for your response. I know the concept and we already using rds. Only thing i want to know is a windows server 2016 strong enough to manage 20 robots or more. And how will the server react if 20 different users want to start the robots on the same time. A windows 2016 server only allows 2 windows sessions. im looking for a solution or workarround

What is your use case for needing 25 robots on 1 machine?

Each running Robot will need an additional robot licence, even if they’re running on the same machine.
You need to have a remote desktop session host (note that this is different to the regular two user connection that windows server provides) installed on the server, and licence the remote session user CALs through Microsoft for the number of concurrent users. The required hardware specs for each robot will depend on what you’re doing with them - for example, if you are doing any kind of compression or large data set queries you’ll need a higher specification for the server.

you can handle more then one process with 1 robot license, for example a attended license. it makes no sense to have a license for each robot. to expensive and it makes the architecture no easily to manage.

cal is a extra feature that you need to buy. is it not easy to build a terminal server. It allows more windows sessions.

Do you know what the requirements are if i want to deploy production robots on a citrix server.