Mobile Test Automation : App gets installed for every test case execution

For every test case is it mandatory to include the “Mobile device connection” activity, or is there is any way I could configure it so that I could use the existing mobile device connection for all the test cases?

Because I notice the app gets installed for every test case execution.

It is possible to reuse a connection. On the Mobile Device Connection activity there are 3 important properties that helps with this:

1. You can create an empty Mobile Device Connection and set the OutputConnection property to some variable. If you set the first Mobile Device Connection Close property to Never then at the end of the execution of that activity, the connection will not close, so it can be reused further.
  2. If you create another connection and you set the InputConnection to the saved variable, that connection will be reused.

Now in order to do this across workflows, you need to have arguments to those workflows in which to pass the common connection and you can use the Invoke workflow activity to invoke those other workflows with the reused connection.

So the main workflow will look like in the image below:

And the invoked workflow will look like below.

Notice the input argument that is used to pass the saved connection.

Make sure that all the Mobile Device Connection activities have the Close property set to Never.

@phaserescu

Am not able to see the input/output connection in properties tab.(Community Version : Studio Pro 2020.10.6). Please help

Hello! We’ve just published version 21.3.0-preview on the official feed that contains the newly added properties InputConnection and OutputConnection. Can you update the package and check if it works? Thank you.

Best regards,
Alex Maxim.