Mobile Device Automation with UiPath Studio (20.4 Community Preview Release)

Hi Suvratha!
Could you give me a little bit more details?
What are you trying to achieve?
Because of a lot of performance optimization we are doing, possibilities around dynamic selectors are limited right now.
Thanks,
Bye,
Chris

I am trying to control selectors of tap activity available mobile testing project dynamically,like read the selector from an excel sheet and tap to that particular element rather than indicating that element.I could found that we can dynamically control selectors of click activity.I would like to know is there any similar way with tap

Hello there,

Am trying to capture toast message on Android devices. How to do that… please let me know .

HI there,

From mobile apps, how to capture the RDP machine. please let me know

Good guidelines. Will be good for those who had sufficient knowledge on Appium.

Hello @Christian_Mayer,

I have few queries on uipath mobile automation.

1. How to automate toast message in Android device

2. How to capture remote desktop elements in mobile device ?? Like I connected remote machine from my device and I want to automate that remote machine which is there in mobile device?? I see for desktops we have computer vision concept for mobile what do we have???

Please respond…

Hello @Maneesha_de_silva @Christian_Mayer @all some one please respond…

Pre Required As : JAVA 12.0.2 version (Set JAVA_Home Environment )
Download SDK manager : 3.6.0 version (Set Environment )
Download Appium : 1.17.0 version
Sdk manager Download From @step by step mobile device connection given link tool command only
Extract and Rename by Android_Sdk than open cmd change directory
sdk manager " platform tools “” platform; android .28 --sdk_root =till android path _____
later
cmd
Sdk manager "build-tools; 28.0.2 "–sdk root - till android path----

Copy “aapt” and zipalign file from build tools and paste in tools folder …
search adb devices on cmd after connecting mobile to laptop through datacable
and do connection …

2 Likes

This is the new advanced step . i like this mobile automation. :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Hi,
Can anyone help with ios automation to setup the device and app using windows machine. I tried with sauce labs devices but the devices are not getting populated for element interaction in UI path

@Christian_Mayer, thank you very much for the explanation. I successfully set up everything, but I have one trouble. I am using emulator and virtual android device with a specific application installed. The problem is that every time when I start the application through “Mobile Device Manager” or via activity “Mobile Device Connection” (using AppPackage/AppActivity) the application is reset and I have to configure it again (setting a password, etc…). Is there a way just to lunch the app and not reset it every time?

Hi Sagar, even I am looking for the some guidance on connecting iOS app through UI path and recording the test scripts through simulator, inspection the elements, executing the test scripts , I am excited to see how the UIPath studio connection gets established with Simulator.

thanks for the info, could you please elaborate the establishing the communication of UIPath studio with the above provided three solutions ?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the step by step approach.
I am trying to connect by using SauceLabs cloud URL and getting the following error.
"Failed serving request POST /wd/hub/session: UNAUTHORIZED"
Do you have any idea, how to fix this? I am using the same APK as mentioned by you.

Thanks in advance.
-Dev

I hope we can but for this, you need to install Android Studio and set up the SDK, you have to connect the device through usb and enable the developer mode, then get the device id through the command-prompt (adb devices), pass the device id and name in Device connection capabilities and give a try

Refer this for complete setup: