Mobile Device Automation with UiPath Studio (20.4 Community Preview Release)

Is there any way to do without Appium server ? Directly on local device

Hi @Christian_Mayer,
I was really excited to use this feature of Uipath and it took me quite sometime to setup mobile device automation process. The easiness of mobile automation is very good and flexible, only challenge comes up with the setting of infrastructure for someone who is not much familiar with Appium and all.
Perhaps, a suggestion from my side is to put a video or documentation process of the same for the developers who want to use this feature.
Another suggestion from mobile device automation package is if the selectors can be made dynamic like we do in our regular automation projects.

1 Like

Very nice new feature. I am trying to get it work, i have the appium running, my local nox emulator and it seems it be connected in the mobile device manager.

Shortcuts are working (home, back etc), but if i hover over any target it will not interact. ?
I am so close :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Could you please explain more about this ADB in detail

Hi Raym,

After setting the path of SDK to variable, i am still getting the error like : Please set the ANDROID_HOME or ANDROID_SDK_ROOT environment variables to the correct Android SDK root directory path and also getting Could not find adb.exe file in the Appium,Could you please help me with this issue

Hello All if you faced any problem to connect device to Mobile Automation
check Out this

3 Likes

Much needed. I will try it now.

1 Like

Hi,

I am trying to use this package. I connect Android Studio with Appium. But now, i cannot connect Appium with UiPath Studio. I add a device and one aplication, but can’t connect. The error is: “Unexpected error. The URL '/session” did not map to a valid resource".

P.S.: I can’t go to the address “http://localhost:4723” on Google Chrome for example. See the pictures please

UI2

hi,
@Christian_Mayer
can i use this method ‘’
indicate target , when element ‘android.view.View’ can not indicate content like ‘TextView’

This is very in details :::: Thanks and Kudos @Christian_Mayer

I am getting the below error for adb:

Could not find adb Please set the ANDROID_HOME environment variable with the Android SDK root directory path.

please suggest.

Somebody help me to get the mobile connection setup to UiPath as i got stuck with the ADB.exe file.

You can watch this video for step by step procedure

watch this video for step by step procedure

watch this video for step by step procedure.

3 Likes

i would like to know, is it possible to control selectors in swipe activity dynamically in mobile automation?

Hi Suvratha!
Could you give me a little bit more details?
What are you trying to achieve?
Because of a lot of performance optimization we are doing, possibilities around dynamic selectors are limited right now.
Thanks,
Bye,
Chris

I am trying to control selectors of tap activity available mobile testing project dynamically,like read the selector from an excel sheet and tap to that particular element rather than indicating that element.I could found that we can dynamically control selectors of click activity.I would like to know is there any similar way with tap

Hello there,

Am trying to capture toast message on Android devices. How to do that… please let me know .

HI there,

From mobile apps, how to capture the RDP machine. please let me know

Good guidelines. Will be good for those who had sufficient knowledge on Appium.

Hello @Christian_Mayer,

I have few queries on uipath mobile automation.

1. How to automate toast message in Android device

2. How to capture remote desktop elements in mobile device ?? Like I connected remote machine from my device and I want to automate that remote machine which is there in mobile device?? I see for desktops we have computer vision concept for mobile what do we have???

Please respond…