Mobile Device Automation with UiPath Studio (20.4 Community Preview Release)

Hi @aswanthvutham please contact UiPath Support team using Contact UiPath Learning

Most of them having same issues. All the best.
Cheers

Awesome news !

Best regards.

Hi
iam getting below error kindly let me no what changes i have to do

Hi Rohan!
Please send what you configured within the Mobile Device Manager. But it looks like that the adb.exe, which is the “Android Debug Bridge” is not available on the system where you started Appium and connected the device or emulator (don’t know which one it is).
If you send the configuration you did within the Mobile Device Manager, I might be able to point you in a direction.
Thanks,
Bye,
Chris

Hi Minal!
The device/emulator you have connected is called “Raghav Aggarwal”? How did you get to this name, because the Device name and the display name can be different.
One pre-requisit that Appium needs for steering Android devices is ADB, the Android Debug Bridge, as it uses this to access the device.
Please make sure that you have it on your system and it is either specified by path or configured in the environment variables. There is a lot of links online about setting up Appium - a colleague did get it to work with a tutorial he posted here:

I hope that helps.
As a functioning Appium setup is a pre-requisit for our product, I did not have the space to go into that in the above post. But I am working on a more detailed Post how to setup Appium that will be published soon.

Thanks,
Bye,
Chris

Hi,

please do find screenshot of add device and add application. and appium

@raym174 Update your UiPath Studio to latest version 20.x.

@Christian_Mayer Is it mandatory to start the Appium server before starting\launching the application from the Mobile Device manager? right now application won’t launch if we didn’t start the appium server.

Hi Anand!
I don’t know if you mean starting the Mobile Device Manager from Studio, or connecting to a Device from Mobile Device Manager.
Starting the Mobile Device Manager from Studio does work without Appium started. But if you are connecting to a device, of course Appium must be started first, as there otherwise is no device to connect to…
Bye,
Chris

Hi Rohan!
As it seems you have the same issue as in a post before - ADB is not present on your system, or not set in the environment variables.
You should make sure that the adb.exe is setup in the environment variables, like in my case here:

where it resides in the ANDROID_HOME platform tools.

Bye,
Chris

hi,

Download and Install ADB from here then add the path to My PC> Properties> Advanced> Environment variable> Under User variable for user click Path Select EDIT and then click New and paste the path of the directory to ADB…run ADB Devices from command prompt.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Christian_Mayer
For Mobile Automation stuff we need only 20.4 Community Licesnce or we can do it earlier Version like 20.3?

Hi Sandeep,
Our new product, Mobile Device Automation, is only available starting 20.4, as before there was no Studio Pro Profile/License, which is a pre-requisit.
Bye,
Chris

2 Likes

Thanks @Christian_Mayer

1 Like

I am able to connect my mobile device using Uipath device manager.I have imported the recorded action but for each action i need to select the device name and application name…Is there any short cut to apply this for all activities at one go.

1 Like

Hi,
Can I use real Andriod Device as a Emulator to start the mobile automation, as I am having some issues while installing Appium.

If yes, please guide the steps to add real andriod device as emulator.

1 Like

Could you please help me to add mobile device using UiPath device manager ?

Hi,

Could you please help me with the steps to add real android device using UiPath Device Manager.

Can I add the actual device, I am just curious to know and work on this.

go to your android device settings and enable developer mode.Start appium server and using add device in UIpath device manager you can add the device.

I have used appium 1.17.0 version

Is there any way to do without Appium server ? Directly on local device