📢 Migration to UiPath Single Sign-On Accounts is now completed

Hi @nerlichman

Any chance you can select different browser for the login? If it is Android, I think you can temporarily allow it to ask you for the browser every time a link is activated.

It worked for me without much hassle, so let’s try to debug it and fix it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I managed to make it work! :tada:

The problem occurs if you logout and try to login directly from the login button of the forum.

For the SSO to work correctly you need to exit to discourse’s main screen and try to access the server again. That will prompt you the correct login screen through the discourse app without opening a browser.

6 Likes

Hi @loginerror
Does this also mean we get the Advanced certification badge from completing it in https://certificate.uipath.com/ ?

4 Likes

Although technically much easier to achieve now, we are waiting for the Academy to join the SSO club. We want to redesign how Forum fetches the badges across all platforms at once :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I had a similar question, I’ve completed advanced certs etc, but have a whole host of different email logins for your variety of sites, so hoping we can consolidate. Is there an option (might have missed it here) to provide you a list of our used emails and then have them consolidated into the chosen one?

This also gets me to thinking - any way we can have these “achievements”, both forum related and certification, displayed on our profiles on Connect Enterprise Hub?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @Alex_Cross

A few things here.

I do not think there is an easy way here. But it is also not that bad either.

I would base everything on the email you use on platform.uipath.com. From there:

• if your Forum email matches the platform.uipath.com account, you can already log in with that Account to Forum, Connect, Go, Certificate site and Platform itself.
  • if your Forum email is different than your existing platform.uipath.com account (which you use on the above mentioned platforms), you can change your email yourself by going to Forum Preferences > Account tab:

If you change it to your existing UiPath SSO Account email, you will be able to Login to Forum using your UiPath SSO Account to your Forum user :slight_smile:

I guess anything different that the above scenarios would require a case-by-case check. General guidelines would like like that though:

• Platform, Connect, Go!, certification site and Forum use UiPath SSO Account.
  • Academy does not use UiPath SSO Account yet, so it might be a good idea to change your email in the Academy settings to your platform.uipath.com :slight_smile:

I believe our team is working on a new version of Connect that will link all the achievements under Connect. I am not sure about Connect Enterprise Hub. @MaryB?

2 Likes

Awesome, in that case when I get some time, I’ll go through and check what I’m using where and try to update. I think I used work email for half, and gmail for other half, although might also have 2 different academy accounts. This is entirely my doing so I’ll get back to you if I figure out what mess I’ve managed to cause myself, thanks!

4 Likes

One more thing. I believe you can contact Academy Support to have a look and change your email address on the certification site (and possibly the Cloud Platform support to do the same for the entire UiPath SSO Account)

3 Likes

Hi @loginerror

I have one email id (Personal ID) for forum and connect.
And for academy and certification I have another mail id (Company’s)
How could I change my company id to my personal one.
Please Help!

3 Likes

Hi @Blesslin

You can change your Academy email yourself in your profile settings of the Academy. This email is not yet linked to UiPath SSO Account, so feel free to change it to the one you use to log in with UiPath SSO Account on Connect and Forum.

To change your certification platform email, please contact our Academy Support.

3 Likes

@loginerror
I tried changing in academy but its not saving the changes and the old mail id is only present.
Kindly help

3 Likes

Indeed, I just tested it myself. I spoke to our Academy team and they are working on a solution.

If you in a rush, you can always contact our Academy support. But otherwise, I would just wait until it is fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank You @loginerror
I will wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am using a password manager which can automatically fill in fields with usernames and passwords, if they have been set up in such a way in the backend of the page. However when i try to log on as suggested here, they are not recognized as such by the password manager.
Perhaps consider adding this functionality to allow for quick logging in with a password manager :slightly_smiling_face:

P.s. I am using LastPass

2 Likes

Cool idea. I wonder if there is anything that can be customized on the LastPass end for it to detect some custom ID fields though?

3 Likes

Its amazing … The only Thing i am having office account with Rookie but not for my personal Mail :frowning: … Have to complete all achievements again :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @Vijay_Upadhya
If you want to keep these accounts separate, then unfortunately yes. However, before Academy joins the SSO, you can change your Academy email in your profile settings (it is currently buggy, but our team is working on a fix).

You could then match your Academy email with the same email you use on UiPath Account, and when the migration of Academy comes, you will keep the same email for all accounts and keep your Academy progress for that email/UiPath account you chose :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amazing (Y) makes it so much easier to work and link everything up together!

3 Likes

Great. Seems as a Time saver.

3 Likes

I appear to have two accounts now. One with my original email address and another which is using my Microsoft account email. It appeared to treat my social login as a separate account.

3 Likes