Migration Legacy to Windows Reports Error

Hi,

after workflow migration from legacy to windows I get this error:

Expression Activity type ‘VisualBasicValue`1’ requires compilation in order to run. Please ensure that the workflow has been compiled.

at System.Activities.Expressions.CompiledExpressionInvoker.InvokeExpression(ActivityContext activityContext)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity) at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

How do I know which activity in workflow is making this problem?
How do I find the problem in the workflow in order to change it?

Thx and kind regards,
Vanja

Hello @VanjaV
Try to Update all the packages from Manage packages.

1 Like

Hi @VanjaV

This issue is regarding the Double Quotation **“”**in all the activity. You need to update all the double quotation or re enter the expression again

Check out this thread

Regards
Gokul

Search the forum. Many posts on this.

Hi @Gokul001

thx. How do you know this is the case?

I migrated the project and published it successfully.
When running it with UiPath Assistant it reported the error above.

Kind regards, Vanja

Hi @VanjaV

This is the error right?

Then that mean a Double Quotation problem Update the "" and check it

Regards
Gokul

Hi @Gokul001

thx, now I see what is the problem.
Filename in activity read text file is empty after migration to windows.

Can you help me further, I need to “Enter a VB expression” for:

What is appropriate VB expression for it?

Thx and kind regards,
Vanja

Hi @VanjaV

Can you Re-enter the value in the Read text file activity

Regards
Gokul

Hi @Gokul001

I updated all packages and then did the migration.
Now the problem disappeared.

Thx very much and kind regards,
Vanja

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.