Microsoft OCR Engine

@Reben23, @snoopy, I was able to install MODI using the same method snoopy describes. But it doesn’t work for me. EDIT It works now, see the bottom of the post.
I have [EDIT - had ] the same issue as Reben23, with exactly the same error at exactly the same place in the same Walkthrough scraping the frmAnyTeller app.
(OCR method failed to scrape this UI Element). Google OCR scrapes it but poorly.
I have MODI installed, but that of course is 32-bit and my Win7 is 64-bit. My desktop fonts are scaled to 125%, but on a large HD screen I believe that is even the default.

I tried using Microsoft OCR from “Click Text” in the Citrix recording on other web pages as well, and it won’t recognize anything.

Edit: I tried on a Windows 10 machine. MODI installs fine on a 64-bit installation of Windows 10, by the way. But my results with it were so poor I could not accurately complete 7.1 and 7.2. Perhaps as a result of UiStudio not being able to find the image following saving and restarting, UiStudio brought my machine (16GB of RAM) to a standstill, and I had to do a hard reboot. Twice, as a matter of fact.

By the way, I am not complaining about a fine product, but I would I humbly suggest that relying on 32-bit software that is a) discontinued and c) ten years might not be good long-term plan.
:grinning:

If this is the worst thing that happens to me all day, I’m in great shape. Thanks again for everything.

Regards,
burque505

EDIT:
PROBLEM SOLVED.
In the hopes this will help those who install MODI from SharePointDesigner.exe, I’ll pass on what I needed to do.

• First, I had made the mistake in Win7 64-bit of not rebooting after installing MODI. (SharePointDesigner.exe’s installation program didn’t tell me to, but I should know better by now. ) :grimacing: That hosed everything.
  • After reinstalling the first time, everything was still hosed - although I had Microsoft OCR available, it wouldn’t recognize a thing… (@Reben23, same problem as yours?) I then uninstalled by running SharePointDesigner.exe again. That gave the option to remove, which I did. That apparently cleared out whatever cruft was causing my problems.
  • But there was another problem with 7.2. I had to right click on ExpenseIt.exe and change the properties, as shown:
  • In my case, I have to use a television for a monitor (old eyes) at 1080p with fonts scaled to 125%. That throws off ExpenseIt.exe (and many other apps). By the way, I didn’t need to do that for AnyTeller.exe - although I tried it, it didn’t make any difference in the display size. Disabling display scaling on high DPI settings did the trick and I was able to finish both exercises completely. :beer:

I guess the moral of the story is keep on plugging.
Regards and good luck,
burque505