'Method not found: RestSharp.IRestRequest RestSharp.RestRequest.AddFile'

OK so title says it all :slight_smile:

I have the same project on two machines they both are new install.

I try to use httprequest activity on both of them Unfortunately on one machine it works like a charm on other i get :

‘Method not found: RestSharp.IRestRequest RestSharp.RestRequest.AddFile’ error on the activity.

Do you have any solution??

I already tried updating .net version and importing restsharp namespaces in to the project.

Hi Poof,

Do you deploy the automations locally, or via orchestrator?
And if via orchestrator, which version are you using?

Bastiaan, they are deployed localy and if tested on affected machine with studio i get this error:

Exception Type: MissingMethodException

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘RestSharp.IRestRequest RestSharp.IRestRequest.AddFile(System.String, System.String)’.
at UiPath.Web.RestClient.AddAttachments(IDictionary`2 files)
at UiPath.Web.Activities.HttpClient.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Try to copy all the activities from the machine where it works, from:
C:\Users\xxxUSERxxx\AppData\Local\UiPath\Activities
(xxxUSERxxx needing to be adjusted to the real username)
To the other machine.
Don’t overwrite existing, only add what’s missing.

And then run again & check if it does the trick :wink:

Bastiaan,

Thats not an issue with activities if something its an issue with missing dlls from app-18.x.x folders.
Computer that is ok has less activites then the one with error

Hello,

There seems to be a known issue that HttpRequest will fail if RestSharp version is higher than 105.0.1.0.

It will be fixed in the future.

For now, as a workaround you can try to downgrade any activity that uses RestSharp higher than 105.0.1.0

Hope this helps,
-Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Downgreading worked like a charm, unfortunately after downgrade i couldnt publish the project.

Regards,
M

Oh, what does it say when you try to publish ?

Missing dll