Message can.t find/open Excel file which was downloaded

Hi all,

I did the course RPA in finance & accounting. In this course their is a practice which I managed the set up in Studio X. Only what I found out that Studio X is working very unstable which give me also doubt of how stable Studio is as RPA tool.

The problem what I have is that a Excel file that is downloaded to a folder can’t find by Studio X although it is clearly downloaded to the standard folder. What also odd is sometimes I get the message already at the first Excel file downloaded and sometimes at the second or third downloaded Excel file.

Below the log which also set as proof that the Excel file was downloaded by Studiol X and which Studio X says it can’t find the just downloaded file.

08/18/2020 10:17:11 => [Debug] Execution started for file: Main
08/18/2020 10:17:13 => [Info] Reconcilation execution started
08/18/2020 10:17:14 => [Info] Audit: Using Web App. Browser: Chrome URL: ACME System 1 - Log In
08/18/2020 10:17:29 => [Info] Audit: Using Excel File: C:\Users\rjramdien\Desktop\Downloaded files\export_total.xlsx
08/18/2020 10:17:50 => [Info] Audit: Using Excel File: C:\Users\rjramdien\Desktop\Downloaded files\export_total.xlsx
08/18/2020 10:18:01 => [Info] Audit: Using Excel File: C:\Users\rjramdien\Desktop\Downloaded files\Report-DE763212-1.xlsx
08/18/2020 10:18:12 => [Info] Audit: Using Excel File: C:\Users\rjramdien\Desktop\Downloaded files\Report-DE763212-2.xlsx
08/18/2020 10:18:17 => [Error] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Excel File C:\Users\rjramdien\Desktop\Downloaded files\Report-DE763212-2.xlsx was not found.
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.InternalOpenWorkbook(WorkbookArguments args, Boolean onlyIfWorkbookExists)
at UiPath.Excel.ExtendedWorkbookApplication.ExtendedAttachOrCreateNew(WorkbookArguments workbookArguments, IExcelInstanceManager instanceManager)
at UiPath.Excel.ExtendedWorkbookFactory.Create(Boolean attachOnly)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookQuickHandle.SafeGetWorkbook(Boolean attachOnly)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookQuickHandle.OpenWorkbook()
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.Business.ExcelApplicationCard.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
08/18/2020 10:19:44 => [Info] Abort
08/18/2020 10:19:44 => [Error] Use Excel File: Excel File C:\Users\rjramdien\Desktop\Downloaded files\Report-DE763212-2.xlsx was not found.
08/18/2020 10:19:44 => [Info] Reconcilation execution ended in: 00:02:31

To me Studio of Uipath as RPA tool seems to be very unstable and buggy also when I read other messages on this forum, But great if someone can help on above problem.

Many thanks, Jerry

May be some answer from UiPath? Thanks.

Hi,
i can’t reproduce this problem. What you could do before using the xlsx file is to set a delay of x seconds before using it.
Is it possible that you show us your project (some screenshots)? because i see you have some if else usage in your project.

To me Studio of UiPath as RPA tool seems to be very unstable and buggy also when I read other messages on this forum, But great if someone can help on above problem.

No matter which RPA tool you use, they all have their own “issues”. The good and fun part of UiPath is that the forum has a large userbase and members are very active here.

Hi JvanMarion,

Thank you for your feedback and settling a delay before opening the downloaded Excel file was the solution. Many thanks! My remark about the “buggy” feeling had todo also with the fact that I had some other vague problems like the problem that StudioX was not abel to find Excel on my computer although installed. But I managed to solve those problems. But solving the problem of not be able to open the downloaded file gives me now a beter feeling as I need to set up a Proof of Concept whether RPA in general and RPA of UIPath can be deployed in our organisation.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.