Merging Workbooks

I have created an automation that data scrapes from two different soccer player web pages. One which is in Japanese (We2020) and the other one in English (FIFAIndex), leaving me with 2 separate excel files per data scraped soccer player. From these two workbooks, I would like to merge them into one and then delete the two excess files that were used to create the “master” file.

I have been playing around and trying to see if you could use an IF statement to see if the variable I use to access a datatable with the soccer players name, exists as a excel file (PlayerSearchVar + “Part of excel file”) and if it does, merge those two together. Else skip to next name in the datatable.
However, with my lacking knowledge I am not sure how to accomplish what I have in mind, and I am relying on the robot experts here.
I will provide screenshots down below to oversimplify my thought process and if there is any more information you need please let me know and I hope someone can help me with this.
@ClaytonM

Apologies in advance for my awesome paint skills.

Thanks

Files:

Simplified

Content/Merge:

@Palaniyappan
I could need your wisdom on this problem please. I saw a comment you made a few days ago that was very similar to this and I hope you can help me with my problem!

Bump

Are you still needing to solve your problem?

Regards.

Thank you for your response!

I found a workaround to the problem which does not need the excel workbooks to be merged. Instead I hold the data from the data scraped sources and then puts them into respective file in the same loop, in case anyone else bumps into the same problem.

If the above problem is easy to explain I would be glad to hear it so I can learn for future reference, if not, thank you for replying and no thank you I am ok!

1 Like

Cool, you can mark your last post as “Solved” so it will automatically close the topic, and if you have any other questions, let me know.

Regards.

1 Like

Oh right, thanks for the reminder.
I will be sure to do so! Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.