Merging Data Tables

Hello,

I’ve been creating an automation where in im going to merge two excels by the use of assigning a primary key to a column. It works fine. But when I run the automation, it also appends the data from the second excel even though there is no primary key on the initial excel. Help!

Thank you

1 Like

@pasimon

What type of join did you use .Can you give more details to easily address the issue.

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

Hi,

You can read all excel files and output datatables. Then use the merge datatable activity.

1 Like

@pattyricarte

Hi,
I have used assign activity for merging my data tables.

1 Like

Hi @Shriharsha_H_N,

I have tried this method but doesnt seem to merge the data that I was expecting, thats why i used assign activity in setting the primary keys and merge two dt together.

1 Like

Hi @pasimon
You can share your excel if you want and also screenshots of your output.
I will create a xaml for you. :smiley:

1 Like

Fine
Let me explain you briefly in what can be done for this
—we can use MERGE DATATABLE ACTIVITY where mention the two datatables as input
—make sure that those two datatables have same number of columns, same order of columns, same datatype of columns
—if any of these conditions fail it won’t merge and we will getting error merging them

Or

If we want to join those two datatables based on a condition then we can use JOIN DATATABLE activity
For more details on it

Cheers @pasimon

2 Likes

Hi @pattyricarte,

I have already resolved the issue. Thank you so much for your response!

1 Like

No worries @pasimon your great :smiley:

Happy to help here :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Thank you so much for this. :smiley: It really helped a lot.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.