Memory specification of DataTable

I can not understand the behavior when memory data in any column or row of Excel in DataTable and paste the acquired data into another Excel.

ex1) When the cell data is a function, the pasted data may be a string or a function.
ex2) If the date data of the acquisition source cell is “29-Jul-19”, the cell data is stored in memory, and the data is pasted to another Excel file, or “29-Jul-19” is displayed, It may be displayed as “2019/7/29”.

The above is just an example, but can you tell me the specifications that DataTable stores Excel cell data?

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
Usually when a excel is read and stored as a datatable it takes all the column as string by default as a type
— so either the excel has a date or numbers or formula or any thing it gets stored as a string
— and even for the example given

In specific we can use Read cell formula activity to get the cell formula and to get them as a value we can use normal read range activity

May be to maintain this format while reading with read range activity we got a property called Preserve format -enable it and try getting the datatable
As when excel is read DateTime will get converted to String thus 29-Jul-2019 will be obtained as 29/07/2019 00:00:00
And while writing the same it will get converted due to inbuilt excel property for date and time, as 29-Jul-2019 again

Hope this would help you
Kindly correct me if I m wrong

Cheers @YYSS

1 Like

In specific we can use Read cell formula activity to get the cell formula and to get them as a value we can use normal read range activity

Sorry. It may be that the way of the question was bad.

In the case of “Read Column” or “Read Range”, what is the rule of how to store functions and dates?

We can not get formula using this

1 Like

I’m sorry many times.

When using ReadRange to compare numerically with acquired data on a DataTable, you may get a “not a string” error.

Does ReadRange store 100% cell data as strings? Object type?

how to write in excel in the cells that go from a column with date format to another with the same format