Match value from column and assign status then again do same for duplicates with column value having difference of earlier

Two excel sheets
SAMPLE1.xlsx (9.6 KB)
SAMPLE2.xlsx (8.2 KB)

Sample1 contains 3 columns Number ,RQ and Status.
Sample2 contains 2 columns Number and AQ.

To fill the status column:
If RQ<=AQ, Status = “available” else Status =" less available"
Sample1 sheet contains duplicate value which also needs to be assigned the Status based on the remaining AQ value.
Eg: firstly 3 is assigned Status = “available” then if 3 comes again(duplicate value), it will check for if and else condition for RQ and AQ where the AQ will be net AQ i.e. AQ-RQ.

I really need some help in solving this problem .Thanks a lot in advance.

This is SAMPLE1 sheet
This is SAMPLE2 sheet

Hi @Soniya215

Try this

(From p in dt.Select() where( From q in dt.Select() where string.Join(“,”,q.ItemArray).Equals(string.Join(“,”,p.ItemArray)) Select q).ToArray.Count>1 Select p).ToArray.CopyToDataTable()

Thanks
Ashwin S

@Soniya215
Let me summarize my understanding:

• RQ<=AQ, Status = “available” else Status =" less available"
  • AQ needs to be reduced with RQ for handling the duplicates.
  • duplicates will check as above on new reduced AQ

Find demo XAML here:
Soniya215_StatusUpdate2.xaml (12.4 KB)

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your help @ppr but i am getting an error

saying Column “Number” does not belong to the data table.

@Soniya215
Check your Excel the cell has an Space after the Term number. Remove IT and Then IT should work

Thanks @ppr The file run but no output of “status” is shown in the sheet. It still remained blank.

@Soniya215
When i was developping the Code, i Had even to fix the Excel for the blanks in the column Header row. After that IT was working fine. Are you running my xaml or a Port to your xaml. If so, please Share your xaml with me.

Writing Back to Excel is Not implemented. Just do IT by your own with a write Range activity

I am running your xaml and i was using write range workbook instead of excel application scope.Mistake was on my side.
Sorry for my mistake.

Thanks a lot for your help @ppr :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.