Match a Data and retrieve the corresponding cell value

Hi All,

I have used Read Text activity and used reg ex to extract a Data (eg : strData) from a specific notepad file.
Now I want to open an excel file and need to match this strData and then to retrieve the value corresponding to the strData.

I have tried to use open excel application scope and read range activity. but its giving me an error: MainPhase2.xaml: Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “strRegExOutput”.
Option Strict On disallows implicit conversions from ‘System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable(Of System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match)’ to ‘String’.

kindly help me with this and please guide me if we have any alternative way to do it.

Hi,

Can you share your current workflow and data, if possible?

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi ,
Really sorry that I am not able to share this workflow. It contain confidential data.

HI,

All right. It seems you try to assign or compare between string type variable and result from (probably) Matches activity. So you need to translate or iterate IEnumerable<Match> to String. IEnumerable<Match> type varable can have multiple match data.
So if the result always has single match data, you can use the following expression, for example.

strVar = result.First.Value

Or if there are multiple match data in the result, we need to iterate the result using ForEach etc.

Regards,

1 Like