Mapping Reference Data

Hi All,

I have 2 sets of data stored as Variables, one of which is a financial dump from a Ledger system & the second is an offline reference data mapping file.

I need to translate/map the data from the financial data dump across into a new file/ Journal based on the mapping file.

I cant provide examples due to the sensitive nature but for a bit more context, the financial data has Account detail, the mapping file is based on Account which then defines the remaining financial string for said line so its just a one to one account mapping that then needs to return the full string from the mapping file.

How would I best go about doing said mapping?

Any and all help would be hugely appreciated!

Many Thanks
Cam

1 Like

Hi @gradycb

It should be doable, but tricky without a proper example. To see how things are generally done in UiPath, try the Academy courses. These are lengthy, but worth it :slight_smile:

In the meantime, you could create ‘dummy’ files with no sensitive data, but the same structure, to allow other users to have a look. A simple dump file with a few lines of dummy data will do, together with a simple reference mapping file.
Make sure that the corresponding dummy data that is supposed to match the files stays the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basically you want to do the lookup on column in data table from the value from the another table

Just use the lookup data table activity. If you need further help let me know I will help you.

1 Like