Making bot resolution dynamic

Hi,

I have one unattended bot in production environment and 2 processes running on that bot. The problem i am facing is that both the process were built on different resolutions. Process 1 was built on 1366x768 resolution and process 2 was built on 1920x1080. Is there a way that i can run both processes successfully on the same bot. When I set orchestrator bot resolution at 1920x1080 process 2 works but process one fails and if i disable the resolution in orchestrator bot process 1 works but process 2 fails. I have tried adding powershell command at the start of process 1 and 2 that changes the resolution to value we need but it does not work.
Any help in this matter is appreciated.
@Pablito @Palaniyappan

1 Like

Hi

I was about to suggest this but as you tried already what error we got actually
Or
By any chance, do we have another bot or can allocate another bot considering this resolution issue.

Cheers @rameezimtiaz

We have only one bot license. Sorry I didnt use powershell command. It was command prompt and its not giving any error. just doesnt do anything

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Yah that’s fine
We need windows service core to change the resolution with cmd command
And it applies with power shell as well

Will it be fine for you use a third party exe file with our uipath, which will help us change the resolution without even rebooting the os.

Cheers @rameezimtiaz

yes i can use any third party application that solves this issue @Palaniyappan

1 Like

Search for qres.exe in google and we can execute that a batch file

Cheers @rameezimtiaz

@Palaniyappan can you shed some light on it. I gave downloaded it and it contains qres.exe and qres.htm files. when i run qres.exe a black screen like command prompt comes for a fraction of a second and then closes, nothing happens.

@Palaniyappan there is one more thing you need to know. From within rdp we cannot change the resolution of the machine. When i try changing it it does not allow me and there is a message written that says resolution will be equal to the resolution of host machine

1 Like

Hmm
Can I have that screenshot pls, if possible
Cheers @rameezimtiaz

@Palaniyappan yes sure

1 Like

@Palaniyappan any update?

1 Like

Hmm @rameezimtiaz
I m just thinking on how to achieve with this restriction
Because it will ask us to reboot the machine itself…
I will try to get a resolution for this

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks @Palaniyappan. Appreciate it. Need it very badly and a bit urgently

Hi @Palaniyappan. Is there a resolution to this matter? It is high urgency. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Ashley_Black,

Please find the below link it will be help full.

Regards,
Omkar P

1 Like

Yah this is a kind of power shell script
But still it requires windows server core2 installed
If we are good with windows 2016 then this will work easily

I tried with mine, it’s old one being 2009 so couldn’t execute this

Yah this will work if you have the latest windows

Cheers @Reddy_Paluri @rameezimtiaz @Ashley_Black

And

Welcome to uipath community @Ashley_Black

1 Like

@Palaniyappan Thanks for your response and solution. The problem is we are on windows server 2012 and its difficult foe us to move to 2016. I guuss we will have to recode that part of the code that is dependent on the resolution.

Thanks.

Hi @rameezimtiaz,

It will work on windows server 2012

Regards,
Omkar P

@Omkar_Deshmukh let me summerize the solution. For avove command to work in server 2012 we need to have server core2 installed and then before executing our main process we can run a powershell script you shared and it should work. Right?

1 Like