Make a security control

looks like this

never worked with it before i am afraid

No need to worry @langsem :slight_smile:

Its very easy. Just click on data scraping on the uipath studio ribbon. then try to select one of the columns and check if it extracts the data or it is asking to indicate on another text? If it asks to indicate on another, then go for Get Text activity

got this one

Yeah, if you see, it is extracting all the values in the table which is there on the screen @langsem

Now you can store them in data table and loop through it to get the values in both the rows. Then you can compare those two

its retrieving some false values tho. Like its not in the correct ordes it seems

Also another thing that value can change based on my search. How its works its that in the search field above i am inserting a number. Then the list underneath its a list of all the jobs on that number so i can variates all from nothing - 100

So you want to retrieve the values dynamic right?

Yes. So the list will always show that format if there its values on the search. But want to extract all the information from the list so i can check the following. If there its done any job on this number, Check by order( depending on the date), What kind of job it is, The status on the job, if its the correct job.

So you see all those columns they have different values. In the first column on the left it gives me who edited it, when it was edited, the case number, the status of the work, the number( thats been inserted from the search field), the car type, the type of work, the insruance company, and the workshop who performed the work. All this infomration can be different values. But will always ouput those columns if the search its positive

Yeah, the number of rows will not be constant then right?

Better option in this scenario is the data scraping. I hope you missed the lesson in academy.uipath.com regarding that. please register and have a look at the lessons there. so that you can understand the whole use case and how it is used @langsem :slight_smile:

nope it will have dynamic values inside those rows. :slight_smile: OK will check out. thanks for the help :smiley:

Happy to help @langsem :slight_smile:

Hi i found out that the data scraping its a very unstable solution. Because it dont retreive all the data i need. But i managed to extract all information using get text. My next question would be how do i make a function that checks the date on the next line if there are any next line and checks who its the most recent one? Sry for spamming u with alot of questions

Can you post the selectors of the first and second Get Text activities @langsem

If you can check, you will have the numbers as 0 and 1 in them or may be 1 and 2. so if you increase the number, it will loop through and get the next value

So i have an get-text activty that spits out an array of type datetime

Dont know what do to next. Want to have an function that checks the recent date. So its there are more rows then it has to check for the other rows if the time are more recent than the others

Click on the Get Text activity and check for the selectors in the right side pane @langsem

Can you post the selector of the second one in the drop down as well @langsem,

If you see, the above image has the string as isleaf=‘1’, which denotes the first object in the drop down

what you mean by second one ?

you mean the ui explorer ?= Only have one get text acitivty for the date