Main.xaml: BC30561: 'Action' is ambiguous, imported from the namespaces or types

I have been using StudioX Community for my basic Excel automation requirements and post UiPath auto-update to 2023.4.2 several of my tasks have these errors preventing the workflow from running. I updated the package dependencies to the latest preview versions but that did not help.

Main.xaml: BC30561: 'Action' is ambiguous, imported from the namespaces or types 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, System'.

maybe this helps

The sample project could not be opened -

Cannot open item: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project 'D:\Downloads\Sample20230615-3\Sample20230615-3\project.json' could not be opened: Project is incompatible with StudioX profile. You can open it in Studio and fix the errors.
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.OnOpenAsyncInternal(String path, IFactory`2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.OpenAsyncTaskExecute(String path, IFactory`2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.OpenAsyncTaskExecute(String path, IFactory`2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.OnOpenAsync(String path, IFactory`2 resolvedFactory, IOpenOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.OpenAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenProjectAsync(OpenInformation openInfo)
   at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenFileExecuteAsync(String initialDirectory, IOpenOptions options)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass246_0.<<OpenAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.StartPageViewModel.ExecuteCommandAsync(Func`1 commandExecute)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.OpenAsync(Object argument), HResult -2146233088

it is more about the manual xaml editing, which you can try within an editor e.g. notepad++

Take a Backup before editing XAMLs or other files

2 Likes

That helped. In my case, I had to remove two occurrences of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.

• <x:String>Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel</x:String>
  • Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.