Main throws exception when executing a robot

error
exception

Hi all,

when starting any xaml via Studio or starting a robot from my UiRobot.exe I get this error:

"Main has thrown an exception

Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Exception Type: Exception

System.Exception: Could not load file or assembly ‘Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

This started yesterday, I have changed nothing (manually at least), hence feels a bit strange.

I am running the community edition with an active free licence.
UiPath version 2017.1.6522
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
.NET 4.0.30319.42000

Many thanks in advance!

RESOLVED.

Somehow I was able to contribute with the old version of UIPath… Opened UiRobot.exe from the folder with current version and everything works as normal.

Exception

Can i have more details? Some clear steps on what is happening?
Is this after an update of Studio?

Hi all,

what caused the issue for me was the fact that I was using the old version of UiRobot.exe (not sure why it affected the UiStudio,exe shortcut as well though). Try the below to solve it:

1. Check your local UiPath folder (mine is: “C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\UiPath”)
  2. Open “UiRobot.exe” from the latest app version folder => app-17.1.6522

I had a shortcut of the previous version which after the update did not launch, and I received the error mentioned in this post while launching a robot with the previous version UiRobot.exe which was running in the tray.

Hopefully this clarifies,

YDS

that`s a known issue, this is why i ve asked for more details., to be sure. thank you