Mail retrieve attachments does not work

@Joachim

Are you having multile accoutns?

if not try using default account once

cheers

Doesn’t work either. I am about to give up. Really understand how to configure the account for “use desktop outlook app”

Just tried with another account from the drop down menu.
And it goes like this:
“Log Message: Sie besitzen nicht die erforderliche Berechtigung, um diesen Vorgang auszuführen.”
mean something like this: “you do not have sufficient rights to execute this activity”
Best regards, Jo

@Joachim

Are you doing on corporate laptop?

I dont have such issues

cheers

Hello Anil,
it’s a corporate laptop.
Best regards, Jo

@Joachim

Then there might be something blocking as welll…to use the access

Cheers

“get outlook mail messages” and sending mail with smtp works though …

@Joachim

SMTP is different…but yes get outlook mail messages is similar to outlook app…Again the level of access needed for outlook app is little different I believe

Even default is throwing error is it?

cheers

Hello Anil,
yes, connecting with default does not work either
The outlook account belongs to a technical user (rpa) and i am connecting from my corporate notbook.
On my notebook i am logged on with my personal AD user, which is different to the rpa-outlook account.
But, for “get outlook mail messages” everything works fine. Just not for downloading the attachments.
Best regards, Jo

@Joachim

So in your outlook you have multiple mail boxes?

the I guess default will be your own mail box right?

instead can you try selecting the required account from dropdown…are you able to see the rpa account in the dropdown?

Just to check with default account try folder name as Inbox and see if its working

cheers

Hallo Anil,
yes, the rpa-account is also available in the drop down list. With my personal email-address as user.
Selecting this account option results in this error message (unsufficient rights …).
Best regards, Jo

@Joachim

Can you expand the details and check if it gives more info on what privileges are needed

Also did you try with default and inbox as the folder name? Is this also not working

cheers

With default email account and inbox (Posteingang) there is no error.
But the variable “account” is still null.

@Joachim

Then on your account outlook is being accessed…then rpa account added looks like need some other privileges to get it work…can you check with it if something is clocked

Alternately can you try with integration services if you are able to link the other account

cheers

Hello Anil,
finally the attachment download works but in this way:

• get outlook Mail messages (no “use desktop outlook activity”)
  • for each loop (no “for each email”)
  • save attachments (no “save email attachments”)

Possibly the email-specific activities do some authentication stuff in the background that dows not work withoud additional doing.
However, i got it now.
Thanks for the support.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.