How to handle when mail functionality is not working with Insights?
Double check smtp config, follow Setup Insights Email Settings without SMTP Authentication
- If this is an initial setup, just go through the steps like normal and make sure to not provide a password in the password field. Also do not provide an SMTP username.
- Setup is either done at install time or by going to 'Add/Remove Programs', finding the Insights installation and selecting 'Modify'
- If previously, the SMTP configuration was done and a password was provided, the email settings need to first be deleted.
- Go to the following URL: https://insightsURL/app/account/login
- Login using the admin credentials that were defined during the initial installation
- After logging in, go to https://insightsURL/app/dev/api/docs/#/. The browser will be taken to the swagger Rest API for insights.
- Click the 'Settings' header and navigate to the header in the 'Settings' section that says, 'DELETE /settings/email_server'
- Click on the heading and then select 'Try it out' (It should be on the line that says 'Parameters'
- After clicking 'Try it out', click the 'Execute' button. If successful, this will return a 204.
- After the above steps are done, modify the SMTP settings as described in step 1.