Loop if

Hey guys! I’m trying to insert one more feature to my UI. Basically I have a robot who takes a code from excel, paste’s it to a certain web, scrappes data and then pastes it to excel. But the problem is, that sometimes I get an error, that there is no network for like a minute and my UI crashes. Can I get some intel to solve this problem? I would try to use Try Catch activity, but it is already inserter in the code. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Try Wait for Ready Property to Complete and Increase Timeout to Execute that Activity
Like 60000 to 90000.

Hope it Helps.

Regards,
Saloni

1 Like

Hi Saloni, thanks for the response. If I will do that, it will wait for a specified time every time the code loops? You see, I have an excel file with 50k + codes that I need to scrappe. If ill do this, it will it not extend the whole procces excecution?

Timeout Property is Maximum Time Limit For activity to Execute.
If it will find data in even in 1 second than it will scrap and if there is an issue like Network error than it will maximum wait for 60000 millisecond’s → 1 Minute ( You can increase if you want).

And if there no need to load Web page data Completely than Don’t Set Wait for ready property Just Increase the Timeout.

Let me Know if you have any Query.

Regards,
Saloni

1 Like

Hi @Povilas_Jonikas ,

Maybe you could try placing the Activities inside a Retry Scope, If you do get an Error it would Retry again for specific number of times as mentioned.

We would also require to handle the initiation for each retry.

1 Like

Hi @Povilas_Jonikas
You can use retry scope for this .In the condition for retry scope use element exist activity to check whether code exists and since the ui crashes, inside the retry scope use refresh browser activity which will reload the page and you can provide the steps to get the code within the retry scope

1 Like

Hello @Povilas_Jonikas

Here in which stage the script is failing? Is it failing to load the application or properly entering the data to the field?

Can you share the screenshot of the flow and confirm in which activity the script is failing.
Based on that we can create a logic.

1 Like

Basically, this is the part. It goes on for a while, then after like 5 minutes, the internet stops working for a few seconds and my code breaks, because it doesn’t find a box to type in the code
Uploading: image.png…

Please try with Timeout Property and Let me know if it Is Working or Not.

Note:- Increase Timeout to 300000 if it has to be wait for Maximum 5 Minutes.

Regards,
Saloni

1 Like

Workflow

Ill test it out and will let you know :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.