Looking for help with selector

How do I go about setting up a selector on a dynamic folder that has not type into capability? See attachment. I once had it work, then as files within my ‘Browse For Folder’ changed, it broke as the selector went to a position and not the file name. I don’t know how to find the specific file…UiPath

If it helps, here is what I get when I try to select the selector. Also to note, the specific folder name is stored as a variable as there is a loop to work through many folders. I just don’t know how to call a folder by a variable in a selector at all. Thanks again.

Scott

Hi Scott, out of curiosity, do you need to select the folder like that? If your goal is to open a folder and select a specific file you could use assign and for each to do it. Here is a another thread with an example: Open PDF files in folder

Yes sir, I need to select the folder not open it. The folder I need to select is always going to be inside the ‘EPVSLoad’ folder though, which is always going to be on the desktop.

@scott.coil

If you’re trying to open the folder an easier way to do this might be to use the Run Application to open the folder

Open Application - Run
Type Into - Folder Location + [enter]

Are you selecting it from another application? If possible please share a little bit more detail about the use case.

TY Jarzzz, but I am only trying to select the proper folder, not open it.

Artur, yes I have the bot opening an application to run. This application needs to select a folder on my desktop, (‘EPVSLoad’), with more folders within. It selects the folder and the application does its own process with the items inside the selected folder. I am just trying to select these folders in an order passed to me via a variable. In the pic above, the first folder it would be selecting is the folder 85119323001. Afterwards it would go back in and select the folder 85119323002, etc…I hope this helps with a little more understanding of what I need. Now, I just need to figure out how to write the selector to select the appropriate folder using the variable passed to it.

Well, I have figured out how to pass the variable to select the folder, however I have found another issue I hope someone could help me with. As a human I can click once on the file named EPVSLoad and the folder stack will show the folders inside, as seen in the picture. However when I use a

click activity for the EPVS Folder, all it will do is highlight the folder and not open to view the folders inside. As shown here:

Disregard, a delay added to the activity corrected my issue. Thx for all your help!

Scott

Awesome! Well done dude

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.