Logic issue with Reframework

I have a project where I’m using the Reframework.
The problem is that I’ve set transaction item = number of stores and transaction number = the number of turns.
In Get Transaction State I have to choose a store and In Process State I have to login to an app in base of the number of store choosen.
So each number of store choosen follows up a login procedure.
After processing a Transaction Item I need to logout, choose another transaction Item and login back to the app.
The login procedure being in the Process State. How do I set up the login procedure so that any error that comes from it should not affect the retry mecanism? In our case the retry number is set to 3, I’m afraid that a problem with the login will be taken into consideration with the retry mechanism?
More over I firt implemented the Login procedure in the Init State
NB: I’m not using the QueueRetry Mechanism, Transaction item = string and max retry number on config = 3.

Hello @leandre,

You can place the Login Procedure in a Try Catch Block, this way any error from Login procedure will not tigger a Retry. Also Inside the Try block when you call the Login Procedure I recommend you use a retry scope activity, the solution will be robust.

Hope this helps. Kudos :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Thanks for your precious insides @Nithin_P .
You’ve said to place the " Login Procedure in a Try Catch Block" Where should I fill it in the Init State or in the Process State? Can you be more explicit please, I’m new comer in the world of RPA.
Thanks very much

Hi @leandre,

Generally speaking when using RE Framework. The Login Workflow will go inside the Init State (Inside InitAllApplications.xaml), The actual process that you perform within the application will be in Process state (Process.xaml) & the Log Out Workflow will be in the End State (CloseAllApplications.xaml).

But, in your case since the store (& hence the login ID) is changing for every transaction you will have to perform login in the Process State itself.

Hope this helps. Kudos :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

Thanks @Nithin_P .
So if the login fails, we shall use the retry scope activity to retry the login as I Understood.
isn’t it?
So It should be Try (login) and in the Catch (cath the error, retry scope (retry the login))
That’s what you are saying? If not please explain it again…I may be confused.
Thanks a lot

Yes, If you place the Login Workflow within Retry Scope, it will auto retry if there is an application exception. So, you need to place the Retry Scope Activity in the Catch block. The catch block can have only a Log Message Activty.

Regards,
Nithin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.