Logging Levels by Process

It would make a lot of sense to me to enable setting of logging levels by process rather than by robot (or in addition to). This would allow you to set the logging level of a sensitive process to a higher level regardless of which robots work it, or what other processes they work.

It would also enable the same robots to be used to handle mature and newly-released processes, but enable different logging levels for each.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

1 Like

Any news on this?

I was surprised to learn that this is not an option at the moment.

Having 50+ robots in production, we are not interested in trace logging all of them obviously, just because I made a change to a new process that I wan’t to monitor.

Hi @Daniel_Munch,
I can only say at the moment that this has been reviewed and it’s at early stage (If I can call it like this). But no further details which I could share.

Thanks for the update.

Can you recommend an alternative process for debugging a process, that does not involve trace logging 50+ machines?

I think one of the possibilities which you could use is involve in the process activities which could log you some data as well as for example you could generate some process logs including information about each step of process during it’s run. You can just simply catch some data and write information to the file on network drive or something.