Log exception does not appear in Orchestrator

Hello,
I have created a Library in order to log Try Catch exceptions across my Project.

The library has an in parameter of type Exception and it logs the exception by adding fields such as Exception Message, Source, InnerException(if Any).

The problem is that in the Orchestrator Job Logs section the messages logged using this Library are not shown but in the local logs file of the robot virtual machine they appear.

Do you have any ideas why this behaviour?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Make sure the log level is set correctly in Orchestrator. By default, it’s usually set to Info, but to be sure you’re logging everything, you could set it to Trace.

Thank you Anthony but it is not the case. I am logging on Error Level, forgot to mention.

@Alexandru_Bene - in your library- log message activity type as as Error and adding the writing the exception? is orchestrator logging is level set to??

pls re-check your library - is log message activity- type mentioned as info/Error?
if not - try to add Log message activity and write your exception with type as Error and check…

@Alexandru_Bene
Did you find a solution?

We are facing the same issue. We have a bunch of custom activities, which use “Log Message” activity set to “info” level. When we publish the library and consume the activities in a REFramework process, we dont see any log messages, which we provided when designing the library (activity). However, when running / debugging directly from the library the log messages show up.

The REFramework process runs the Dispatcher and Performer, but the logs dont show the flow from one custom activity to another. This issue is a little scary when we cant identify at which activity the robot failed.

The logs show each start of an activity as “Starting Process” and end as “Process has successfully finished”. We are not sure where these default messages come from.

@Anthony_Humphries Our Orchestrator and robot logs are set to trace so, this is not related to orchestrator config, we think.
@GBK We tried what you suggested, it did not work. We get the same messages as show in the picture.