Locals panel not showing any data - in debug

Hi all

The locals panel is not showing anything, it’s empty, during debug.

Data shows when starting debug up until the studio goes into a Excel Process Scope.

I’ve already ran the Diagnostics Tool and it shows some errors.

Any help would be very helpful.

Many thanks, Benjamin.

1 Like

Update:

it happens when i read in a second excel sheet in the same excel process activity.

going to test if same happens when splitting the read into different excel process activities.

Hello @Benjamin_Degryse ,

Please share the error which you received in the diagnostic tool.

Also adding a similar post here.

Did you used 2 Use Excel activity for 2 excels? Use Excel\Excel scope activity is required for each excel and it will work as the container to action on that excel.

Also can you share a screenshot of the workflow here.

Hi Rahul,

you misunderstood what I have written;

I have noticed errors in the studio logs.

I have already ran diagnostics tool for UiPath team to investigate the issue.

to respond to your question, the error in the logs are the following:

07:09:23.8492 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio] [4] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\Nuget.config’ is denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategyCore(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.Abstractions.FileWrapper.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Migration.MygetFeedV3Migration.MigrateFeedToV3(String filePath)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Migration.MygetFeedV3Migration.Apply(), HResult -2147024891
07:09:29.9856 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio] [1] Office version: O365
07:09:29.9856 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio] [1] Office build version: 16.0.14326.20962
08:00:53.5332 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio] [4] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\Nuget.config’ is denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategyCore(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ChooseStrategy(FileStream fileStream, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.ValidateArgsAndOpenPath(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.Abstractions.FileWrapper.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Migration.MygetFeedV3Migration.MigrateFeedToV3(String filePath)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Migration.MygetFeedV3Migration.Apply(), HResult -2147024891

Many thanks Benjamin.

Hi,

Same issue is reported in another topic 5 days ago. (not solved yet ) She said locals panel becomes empty when enter into UseExcelFile activity.

Regards,

2 Likes

Previous Workflow layout:

Excel process Scope
there in I have 2 use excel file activities to read in 2 different excel files
in each of the use excel file activities I have a read range (excel not workbook)

current workflow layout:

2 Excel process scopes
Each with a use excel file activity

In the first one everything happens normal
In the second when the studio goes into the use excel file the issue occurs.

Many thanks, Benjamin.

Thanks for the heads-up Yoichi!

@Benjamin_Degryse Are these 2 excels present in the same folder? If not, can you change the file location and try it once.

The log which you shared mentioned some access restrictions.

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan They are indeed in the same folder.

going to test in different locations and will report back shortly.

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan I Moved the files to other folders but the issue still occurs.

@Benjamin_Degryse will it possible to share the workflow here?

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan

the link to the XAML is here below:
MainExcel.xaml (15.2 KB)

Was there ever a resolution found to this? I have the same issue, but a single Excel Process Scope and a single Use Excel File activity. It is only working on a single excel file, and everything in the Locals and Watch panels disappear when the activity begins. @Benjamin_Degryse @Rahul_Unnikrishnan