Resolution when specific language characters (like Turkish, polish, French, German letters) are typed into SAP fields as Latin characters during the run of the UiPath automation. For example, Ö is converted to O and Ü is converted to U.
This behavior depends on 4 factors:
- Version of Studio and the UIAutomations package.
- Input method used for the SAP activities.
- Windows locale setting.
- Choice for SAP character encoding.
- It is recommended to use the latest version of Studio as well as the package dependencies, but if upgrading Studio is not feasible immediately, it is possible to always upgrade the UiAutomations package to the latest version.
Note that it should be compatible with the Studio version, as per the information from the package’s information panel.
- The recommended Input method is “Simulate” (because it bypasses the Windows locale setting). If using Hardware Events exclusively as input methods, this takes us to points 3 and 4.
- Windows Locale setting: Make sure to set this to the language desired to develop the automation in (Turkish, German, Polish, etc).
- Choose the same character Encoding from SAP (SAP GUI Settings and actions -> Character set)