Load Python Script Faulting

Hi All,

I have been working on a project using Python script for more than a month now.
Out of no where, yesterday the Load Python Script Activity started throwing an error. Even a simple print(‘hi’) statement inside the Load Python Script Activity is throwing an error.

Following is the error message:

An error has occured

Source: System.ServiceModel

Parameter name: name

Exception Type: ArgumentNullException

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: name
at System.ServiceModel.FaultCode…ctor(String name, String ns, FaultCode subCode)
at System.ServiceModel.FaultException.FaultCodeData.Construct(FaultCodeData nodes)
at System.ServiceModel.FaultException.ReconstructFaultCode(SerializationInfo info, String key)
at System.ServiceModel.FaultException…ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1…ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Void .ctor(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)(Object )
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateISerializable(JsonReader reader, JsonISerializableContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateISerializableItem(JToken token, Type type, JsonISerializableContract contract, JsonProperty member)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonFormatterConverter.Convert(Object value, Type type)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetValue(String name, Type type)
at System.Exception…ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Void .ctor(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)(Object )
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateISerializable(JsonReader reader, JsonISerializableContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at UiPath.Shared.JsonParser.DeserializeObject[T](String jsonValue)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Please assist

Hi @Rahul_Pasupuleti

Is it on Studio Community Edition? Normally there should be no issue with an update, but it might be one of the causes.

First, I would try updating the packages as well to the latest version (or even the beta ones, just to check).

Then, it would be helpful if you could have a possibility to test the same project on another machine, just to rule out that it is something with your specific environment.

Could you see into the above and report back? :slight_smile:

Hi @loginerror

It’s on Enterprise edition on Bot machine. I’m using 2018.2.6 version. The Python package is the latest one. I’m not facing the similar issue on my local machine. But I’ve faced the same issue on two to three bot machines now.

Please assist.

Hi @Rahul_Pasupuleti

Do you think there could be a difference in the installation of Python between these machines (assuming everything else is the same on the UiPath side)?

Hi @loginerror,

It’s the same installation path.
C;/Username/Appdata/Local/Programs/Python
In few Bot machines, at the first instance itself I got that error.
But in few others, after Bot performed few runs the error occurred which is strange.

Please assist.

I would strongly advise you to contact our technical support.

They might be able to assist you better (I assumed you are using the Enterprise edition due to the version number 2018.2.6).

Hi @loginerror,

We were able to resolve the issue. Thanks to Uipath Technical Support Team.
Error which caused this issue: The Registry settings in the Bot machine contained FIPS Algorithm Policy which is enabled by default. Python Script was unable to execute with these settings on. When we disabled FIPS Algorithm Policy we were able to execute the Python Script successfully.

Thanks,
Rahul, P

1 Like

Hi,

Since you have already solved the issue, i would like to share the below useful links:

And, more details , related to FIPS compliant

This may help those looking for queries related to UiPath being FIPS compliant.