Linux OS for a new user

Hello users,

This question may be offtopic here, but i need your kind suggestions. I am now going to reinstall an operating system in my computer.
I had Windows 10 earlier. Now I am thinking to use Linux. I have not used it before so I have a few doubts.

Will it be difficult to use and understand Linux?
Will Linux be faster than Winodows 10?

1 Like

Hello!

I moved this from the Ask in Your Language category as that is more for human languages and not OS or computer languages.

Linux comes in a wide variety of flavors, some are easy to use and some are a little trickier. For a first-timer I usually recommend Ubuntu, but if you google “good linux distro for beginners” you will get plenty of options. I recommend Ubuntu because the basic desktop looks very similar to the classic Windows desktop so it’s not a huge culture shock.

A lot of this depends on what you’re going to be doing with your computer. For most common tasks like word processing, web browsing, etc the general speed and ease of use will be approximately the same for windows vs linux. The programs will look a little different in some cases but the functionality is the same.

Hi buddy @bkdroid13

Firstly thank you so much because i got a chance to know about linux after a long that how it takes over windows…so i searched for a good web that describes tye difference mostly in technical…

I have personally used linux for a some time and to me looks good but it will surely take some time to get familiar with the navigation…as we all are used to windows these many days…ram usage wise this looks much better when compared to windows…
So i hope that answers your question on whether it is faster to windows… I would similar as windows product takes a lead while coming to data processing…fine its finally our call buddy…
Cheers @bkdroid13