License Transfer

This may be the wrong place to be asking this question but in my organisation, paperwork is everything. So before I start doing paperwork, i ask here :wink:

I was provide a studio license which I installed on a client’s machine (As I need Uipath closer to Client’s Sap).

Now, development is finished and I’m trying to move my license to home (to my PC) but getting error.

Can someone please advice me on how to deal with this issue and tranfer the license to another PC.

Thanks

1 Like

You need to unregister the license from that machine first.
Go to the machine and run RegUtil.exe /help (default location C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiPath\RegUtil.exe /help ).
There you’ll get examples on how to unregister, depending if that machine can or cannot access the license server. After you unregister that machine, you should be able to use it on your other machine.

1 Like

Hi @andrzej.kniola,

Is this still valid for the 2018.1 version? The licensing terms change some times, that’s why I am asking.

Kind regards,
Dimitrios

Yes (should be), but only for licenses activated directly in Studio, not through Orchestrator.

Yes. You just have to deactivate the license using Command (Console), then reRun UiPath and it will ask you to register your new license.

Try this in Command Console:

1. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath (or the Path where is installed your UiPath Studio)

2. regutil deactivate

3. Run your UiPath Studio and register your new license

Hope it can help you guys. Greetings.

6 Likes

I just uninstalled UiPath from the software center and it freed up the same license key to be used on another computer. After uninstalling it should open up a UiPath confirmation page in your browser which confirms the license has been cleared to be used on another machine.

Hi,

is the information in the thread still valid ? i read that now uipath doesnt use regutil ?

thanks

Assuming this is a standalone license, for versions 2019.10 and above you need to use UiPath.LicensingTool.exe. Details here: LicenseTool Command Descriptions. When you unregister a license, another user can use it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.