License Key on Community Edition Studio (Activated with Enterprise License)

Hello,

I have got a Community Edition Studio installed on a workstation and then it has been activated with Enterprise License key.

When run the regutil get-info doesn’t show up any details as it is being treated as Community edition though it is activated with Enterprise.

How can we check the license key and it’s validity?

Thanks.

Hi @AutomationDelivery,

One way to verify is to look at the Studio --> Help tab displays the version. If you’re enterprise edition was activated it would show there.

Retry activating the license using these steps:

Unfortunately the license key is somewhere misplaced, that’s the reason trying to find the previously used license as it was activated through the Orchestrator.

Studio -> Help shows this

" Studio 2018.4.0 - 05/15/2018

Enterprise Edition

EXE Installer

License Provider: Orchestrator
Device ID: cWq2J37htlpdGXS3IyQk
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.7.2"

As this was a community edition, need to run the regutil tool from user’s folder and when run the command regutil get-info, get the below.

Error #17: Cannot read license code: -1094, error description: NSL not licensed
License status: -1
Device id: cWq2J37htlpdGXS3IyQk
Error #20: Cannot read license expire date: -6003, error description: Lookup of tag failed
Maintenance expire date: not set
Subscription expire date: not set
User defined field “Attended”: not defined
User defined field “Unattended”: not defined
User defined field “Free”: not defined
User defined field “Dev”: not defined
User defined field “AttendedConcurrent”: not defined
User defined field “DevConcurrent”: not defined

Hi @AutomationDelivery

I found some information on your error message:
“Regutil.exe get-info” was used on a PC where the activation has not been done yet or was not successfully done.

I noticed that you have the EXE installer installation. This means that the installation is in your user’s folder, while the Enterprise edition should be installed in the Program Files folder for all users.

Please reinstall your Studio using the MSI installer (you should have gotten a link to it together with the license code). If not, you can contact our support for the link :slight_smile:

This should solve your issue.