FAQ Common license errors

Same here,

It says i have already used the trial version when is my first time installing CE.

Device ID : IzcirznRTCyaLYg9f4xA

@ovi

Please Ovi:

Error description:
“Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key.
License status: Device ID already activated”

In the link " Contact Technical Support" say “Community Version users: Community Edition is provided by UiPath free of charge and we don’t offer support for it on our ticketing platform. Any inquiries from personal email addresses won’t be answered.”

Please your help :frowning:

Did you previously have a Trial license on the same machine? Are you using a VM?
Please provide your device ID.

Yes, on the machine I had a trial license. I do not use a VM.

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key.
License status: Device ID already activated

Device ID: FI+r7IStwfyNxc17sdC/
Computer: PP01TCSPROAFP07
User Name: S80269

Please your help :frowning:

Hi Ovi,

I am experiencing the same issue as hapari_ch. I had previously downloaded the trial version of UIPath on my personal computer because I was part of a test user group for my organization to determine whether or not we wanted to purchase UIPath. My organization has since purchased several UIPath licenses for use at work, but I am now wanting to download the Community version onto my personal computer to program things for the Hackathon. (Corporate policy does not allow me to use my work computer to program for the Hackathon.) Unfortunately, since my previous Trial version of UIPath has now expired, I am getting the following error whenever I try to activate my Community version:

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: No Error
License status: Server License Expired

My device ID is Bpxntv2j+aS2pUwHmWeG.

I would very much like to participate in the Hackathon, so please let us know what we need to do to resolve this!

(I have also submitted this as a request via the Contact Technical Support link, but as hapari_ch pointed out, the website says they will not respond to any inquiries from Community Version users, so I do not expect to receive a response there.)

Thanks in advance,

Riley

Hi,

I’ve never had a trial licence. I’m using community edition. I renamed my licence folder and submitted several requests to

https://www.uipath.com/renew-community-license

I’ve restarted my PC so nothing UiPath related is initially running.

When I relaunched I did generate a new licence folder but I get the following message.

and opens up the licencing webpage UiPath

So I enter my Device ID) 4D69*****---****-********7DA

And then fill in my email address in UiPath window to register

When I press activate I get

Please can someone help me out with this as I can’t do anything at this point.

This is my previous post regarding my attempt at renewing my licence.

Many thanks,

The following post suggests it is a licensing server problem (same error message etc.) @badida looked into the issue last time and seemed to fix it.

@charliefik That was a different error (from the licensing server). Now you get “License expired”. Can you paste here the Device Id so I can check?

Thanks very much for responding @ovi here is the Device ID

4D6935DB-1681-47A3-9C40-D8DBAC1617DA

I cannot find this one. The one from the screenshot you uploaded above. 4ZAA…

That must be the Device id encrypted

That comes up when I try to open up UIStudio in the UiPath Registration (it’s automatically populated in the Device ID field)

4ZAAl0D71dmyZnNg3u3F

Maybe that’s a default ID rather than an encrypted ID and I should replace it with my actual device ID (I just assumed it was right as it was populated when the window opened)

1 Like

Actually I can’t change that field it seems to be uneditable

Hi @BB-8

Is your organization the one you registered your email here on the Forum? I’ll pass this to my colleagues to help remove the Device ID.

It seems that on this Device ID there is a Trial code attached that expired yesterday, 25 July. Are you using a VM ?

Hi,

I’m just using a home PC I downloaded the UiStudio directly onto it.

I still want to use this PC to use studio (regarding you saying to remove the device, of course remove it if necessary to solve the issue)

Thanks for your help

@charliefik Please follow these steps:

• go to UiPath
  • in the Device ID field type: 4ZAAl0D71dmyZnNg3u3F
  • restart Studio
  • select Start Free option and fill your email again

It should work after this. Your CE expired and you didn’t fill the correct Device ID, so it wasn’t renewed.

2 Likes

Please provide a screenshot of the error you get because that website is for the CE users.

Hooray! that worked!! Thanks @ovi you are officially my favourite UiPather

I got the device ID from control panel system settings

not sure where the other device id comes from, but thanks for your help.

All the best

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot license CE - no Trial license used before