Level3 Assignment 2 - File Path is not getting entered in Upload Yearly report

I’m facing an issue in assignment 2. I have come till uploading yearly reports and I’m stuck when my bot tries to type in the path where the yearly report is to be picked from. Can someone help me with the selector for the typeinto activity while uploading. Somehow I did not face this issue while downloading monthly reports.

The file name remains empty and the choose file window is still open, but the executor goes 2 steps ahead to get Upload Confirmation Id step and errors out saying it is not able to locate the selector.

Probably I’m missing something very simple and is not hitting my mind. Please help!!I’m facing an issue in assignment 2. I have come till uploading yearly reports and I’m stuck when my bot tries to type in the path where the yearly report is to be picked from. Can someone help me with the selector for the typeinto activity while uploading. Somehow I did not face this issue while downloading monthly reports.

The file name remains empty and the choose file window is still open

I have used attach window also and also in_ReportPath is showing null when I debug.

Arguments passed in Navigate to UploadYearly report in Process.xaml

Probably I’m missing something very simple and is not hitting my mind. Please help!!

Hi @Leela_Javvaji - Did you try to print or check the output of YearlyReportPath bcz if that is null then in_ReportPath also be null.

Thanks,
AK

Hi @AnandKumar26 I have placed write line for YearlyReportPath at process.xaml and its value is showing as null but i passed arguments correctly .Attaching my process.xaml can you pls help to check

Process.xaml (24.2 KB) System1_NavigateTo_UploadYearlyReport.xaml (21.1 KB)

YearlyReport

Check the highlighted workflow and out_YearlyReportPath. Check that output bcz you are passing that value to YearlyReportPath.

Thanks,
AK

out_YearlyReportPath is showing value and its checked earlier alsoSystem1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (44.9 KB) but same is not passing to upload yearly report

Can someone pls help on this

HI @Leela_Javvaji - From your workflow you are getting the path from Config file, so 1) check that config file
2) check the file extension of download
3) In the Process.xaml - Yearly Report Path is blank
4) For Out_YearlyReportPath = you have used Path.Combine(Environment.CurrentDirectory, in_ReportsDownloadPath, “Year-Report”+in_Year.ToString+“-”+in_TaxID+“.xlsx”). So check in_ReportsDownloadPath

So some where the value is empty

Thanks,
AK

Hi @AnandKumar26

Confusion of mine is also same i.e in CreateYearlyReport.xaml I am able to see the output of Out_YearlyReportPath but the same value is not getting passed to Upload Yearly report .Unable to get why this value is not passed.

Hi @Leela_Javvaji - Try to change that Yearly Report Path into Argument and Direction as In/Out - Let see

Thanks,
AK

I am not clear on this. then how to assign YearlyReportPath to Out_YearlyReportPath argument

Can a argument assigned to another argument? Sorry for delay in response :frowning:

Try to execute in Debug mode and see the value where it is getting null. That would be easy

Thanks,
AK

Hi, I’m with the same issue, I put a write line and the value is getting right in Out_YearlyReportPath but not in the in_YearlyReportPath…