Level 3 lesson 2 - First paragraphs

Hey, in the first paragraphs there is some information. I’m not sure what to do with it. Are they asking me to do something? I don’t even know where to find this info:

Start with the REFramework template. We start off with a simple implementation to demonstrate the REFramework without using Orchestrator Queues. Please have a quick glance at the input data (queue item list); we can extract the whole table with the Data Scraping wizard. The transaction item is a data row from the list. The same approach applies when the input is a datatable extracted from Excel spreadsheets, CSV files and Databases.

1 Like

Hi @Asanka

Its an overview of the REFramework you will be used in the Lesson 2 assignment. No need to worry about it, just follow the step in the walkthrough and after that, you will be able to understand the whole process i.e., how the REFramework works?

Cheers :grinning:

Regards
Achal Sharma

1 Like

Hey thanks for getting back to me! This is great news. So it asks me to do the following:

Please have a quick glance at the input data (queue item list)

Where is that?

Hi @Asanka

Through it means that you should aware of how to store input data in the queue items using orchestrator.

But in Lesson 1 assignment you will be using the datarow instead of queueitem.

In Studio, search for the queue in the activity panel, you get the activity Add to Queue, use that activity to upload the data in the queue. But first, you have to connect your studio with the orchestrator.

Happy Learning

Regards
Achal Sharma

Hey, I had one more question if you have a minute. For the level 3 assignments. I completed the first one and it required me to make changes to the initallapplications, closeallapplications, and killallapplications. Now that I am starting the second assignment is the idea to keep working in these files that I have made changes to or am I suppose to redownload the REFramework and start from a new template? Let me know!

hi @Asanka

you can use the same reframework but i suggest you to start from the scrap, it’s a good practice. And in second assignment you will be using orchestrator queue and you can reuse some of the .xaml file like acme system login and extracting data from it.

Happy Learning

Regards
Achal Sharma

start from scrap? Does that mean start with a new REFramework docs?

One last question. Sorry For bugging you. I am reading the first few steps:

The TransactionItem variable in the Mainfile should be of the System.Data.DataRow type, as we are extracting the entire table to process it one row at a time. You should also change the argument type in the GetTransactionData, Process and SetTransaction Status workflows to match the TransactionItem type

I changed the transactionItem arguments in GetTransactionItem and SetTranaction status workflows but I dont even have a Process workflow. I have a Process transaction workflow but it does not have a gettransactionitem arugment in it. It only has a OrchestratorQueueName arugment. Any idea what I do here…

yes.

ha and my second part of the question. Also, when I make those changes to the variable/arugments (aside from the Process one) I get a bunch of errors.

Ha I am really new to this…

The bunch of errors occur because as the REFramework is defined for the orchestrator queue, when you change the System.Data.Queue to System.Data.Datarow, so there show the error that datarow can’t be assigned to queueitem. So to resolve these error change queueitem to datarow in each of the sequence in main file and also in the framework file if there present.

So is the queue item “get transaction item”? If so what do i replace it with?

get row item?