[Level 3] [Assignment 2]: Generate Yearly Report - Performer: Cannot find Downloaded Reports & Selector Issue

Hi,

I completed all the steps in assignment 2, and while testing my workflow, I am stuck with two issues:

1. Despite putting the downloaded report in the correct path, UiPath is unable to find it in the CreateYearlyReport workflow.

2. Selector issue with the save dialog, which sometimes work and at other times fail.

3. The workflow becomes very slow after saving the first csv file. I have followed other forum and played with the WaitforReady options, and I have used the attach window while saving. But, it’s still very slow to test.

I have attached my performer workflows, which I believe might be problematic -
System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (30.1 KB)
System1_UploadYearlyReport.xaml (13.0 KB)

And, my process workflow:
Process.xaml (14.2 KB)

Please let me know if there are issues with the workflow. I have been trying to fix this for the past 4 days.

1 Like

Here is a snip of my queue transactions as well:

Hey Asif,

the workflow in question is the toughest part to automate in this assignment in my opinion!
Few things that I noticed while checking your workflow:

1. On the Read CSV activity you used .ToString on a String variable, which makes no sense. Maybe this is the source of your error.
  2. You are trying to attach the little save-dialog-notification-bar in IE, which should not need an Attach activity. Try clicking and typing directly with proper selectors.
  3. I had trouble with the delay after the first csv file too. Testing out WaitForReady options worked for me. I noticed you still have WaitForReady = Interactive on your first click (Drop-Down of Save-dialog).

Please find attached the solution that worked for me (excuse poor comments and activity names).

System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (25.9 KB)

Good Luck!
Lukas

1 Like

Dear,

you had more than one thing is missing and not well handled such as create_yearly_report when you check the report exist or not you need to take into consideration to type of checking one with checkbox and other with not and so on such as the variable type sting in the ReportFilePath and you assign it in read csv with .toSting ! aslo you assigned arguments internally such as download report which it should be all configured from config and the year should not be static all these points are considered in the score , however please try the below attached and let me know !
System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (37.0 KB)
System1_UploadYearlyReport.xaml (18.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.
Changing the .ToString to just the var name didnt do much. But, chaning the remaining WaitForReady sped things up a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I made some changes according to your workflows. It works now :slight_smile:

I put the default values in the workflow to unit test it for that particular action, I will revert it back when its working fine.

1 Like

Can you please tell me what the correct comment in the work details page should be?

Uploaded with ID: Confirmation ID

Or,

Just the confirmation ID

?

1 Like

When in doubt, always refer to the PDD:

page 11 - process step 1.5.H

Set the status to “Completed”. Add the following comment: “Uploaded with ID [uploadID]”

So don’t put the colon :wink:

1 Like

Uploaded with ID

glad to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.