Level 3 Assignment 1. It takes same hash code for same thing again and again

do you have a counter + 1 somewhere in ur get transaction data state?

3 Likes

@Hasna_Hoque_Mitu sorry for the late reply, I was able to get a look at your project and I was able to resolve the issue. Will be updating you later as I’m still currently at work.

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It’s just fetching same data again and again.

2 Likes

@Hasna_Hoque_Mitu Instead of uploading the new workflow I’m just going to write the things you need to change, since I made some changes with the .json file in order to open it here, and it’s a bit cumbersome to change it back.
The main issue was that you had an “open browser” activity in your “System1_ExtractClientInformation” squence. The open browser was directing you to a fixed URL.

Things to make your project better:

• Change imported arguments of invoked workflow GetApp Credentials in_Credential.
    • please put double quotes on the value as a string: new value = “System1_Credential”.
  • Remove open browser activity w/ fixed URL in “System1_ExtractClientInformation”
  • Use an attach browser for your SHA1Online_GetHashCode instead of an Open browser since this will continuously open a new browser for every transaction without closing. Can cause a strain on your computer’s memory.
  • Remove the send hot key activity for your SHA1Online_GetHashCode. I don’t see any use for it (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I can add additional changes, but please try the above fixes first they should be sufficient.
If you encounter any issues, it’s going to be basic activity or selector issues, easily solvable.

2 Likes

thanks a lot.

• I used attach browser for your SHA1Online_GetHashCode instead of an Open browser but it creates error. That’s why i changed it.

• I used go back instead of send hot key, that also creates error.
    whatever I’m now following your instructions. Let you know the update soon.

1 Like

If I remove open browser, this error occurs.

1 Like

Please try using a wild card instead of the ‘Work Items’ for the selector in your attach browser.
Something like this:

I’ve already tested it so that should work, but in the event that it doesn’t work, no worries. I’ve already got a work around in mind.

1 Like

I’ve added the -1 and removed the unused arguments but am now getting this error: image

on the assign.

Do I need to add a 1 somewhere else in my arguments - and if so where should I put it?

Thanks,

1 Like

@AceRenegade
Try using break points & debugging so that you’ll see where exactly the error is occurring.
This is a long shot since I haven’t seen your entire workflow, but since I’ve already seen your GetTransactionData.xaml and you’ve added the -1 try this:
Add an Assign activity in the “Process Transaction” below the invoke “Process.xaml” of your main file.
Properties of new assign activity:

• To= TransactionNumber
  • Value= TransactionNumber + 1
1 Like

I’ve gone through it step by step.

The data table is being picked up correctly, but when starting the GetTransaction Data workflow the in_TransactionNumber is starting at 0. Is this correct? Surely that would then lead to it returning as -1 when it hits the assign?

1 Like

is your default transaction number/transaction item default as 1 and 0?

1 Like

Now this happening.

2 Likes

@AceRenegade You don’t need to put a default value for the TransactionNumber attribute inside the GetTransactionData Workflow, since it should already have a value of 1 in the Main.
Have you tried adding the assign activity inside the “Process Transaction” below the Invoke Process workflow as I mentioned? Or you could also make the default value in the Main for TransactionNumber as 0 and add the +1 after/below the Invoke GetTransactionData inside the GetTransactionData main process.
Regardless the +1 should be added after processing each Transaction.

1 Like

@Hasna_Hoque_Mitu
Try this
Calculate_Client_Security_Hash_7102019.zip (522.2 KB)

2 Likes

I’m really thankful to you that you are helping me.
The file you gave solved a big problem. Now It is not fetching same data again and again . It is fetching different different data but Index is outside of bounds.

2 Likes

Hello @Hasna_Hoque_Mitu, sorry for the late reply, I was a bit busy. You’re very welcome.

• Try changing the default value of “TransactionNumber” in the main file from 0 to 1
  • Then change the value of the out_TransactionItem in the “Assign TransactionID” make it
    out_TransactionItem=dt_WorkItems(in_TransactionNumber-1)

I’ll try uploading a new xaml file later if it doesn’t work.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

I have done both - same result unfortunately.

1 Like

@AceRenegade sorry for the lateness of my replies, I’m a bit busy today.
Try these steps:

• Change the default value of TransactionNumber variable in the Main xaml to 1
  • Go to GetTransactionData and change the value of the assign TransactionID (as shown with Hasna’s workflow)
    new value: out_TransactionItem=in_WorkItems(in_TransactionNumber-1) ← according to your attributes.
  • Create an “Assign activity” inside the state GetTransactionData put it below/after the Invoke GetTransactopnData workflow.
1 Like

It worked perfectly at my PC. But when I submit it I got 0. What should I do?