Level 3 - Advanced Training "Framework Video"

I have just completed the Level 1 and Level 2 training. I began to learn Level 3 and started with the Framework Video. I comprehended very little of it. I don’t understand why, but it seems like the jump from Studio and Orchestrator trainings to the REFramework training is not intuitive at all. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I better grasp and understand all the intricacies within the first video, because I’m sure it is important. Thank you.

To learn REFramework, I took the framework and dissected it piece by piece. I feel like this is the best way to learn it. It takes a long time. It took me over a week to fully understand it.

1 Like

Thank you, but what do you mean by dissecting each piece? What does that consist of?

When you start a new project with the REFramework, go through each state machine in order, starting with Init. Then analyze each activity being used and determine what the state machine is doing. If there is an activity you’re unfamiliar with, search for it online or look into the documentation and learn more about it. If you see a variable being used, find out what its datatype is and read any annotations associated with it.

Generally speaking, you’re trying to understand what each part is doing, such as: How is the Config file used? What is TransactionData vs TransactionItem? What exactly does the process do when a business exception is raised? What does it do for other errors?

If you take a deep dive into the framework, you’ll learn a lot about it.

In addition, there is a webinar on academy.uipath.com where someone in the community explains the REFramework in some detail. This may also help you.

RE framework is the important for uipath projects