Lesson6 practice3&4

Hello,
In lesson 6/practice 3 of the foundation training I get totally different selector attributes than described in the solution, hence I cannot adjust it properly to make it work, even with the ones I have.
Additionally, when I try to put a variable the same way as described in the solution, it doesn’t work and I get a pop-up, that the selector cannot be found.
I’ve tried the exercise with both IE and Chrome and I get the same results.
In Practice4 I can’t see the SPAN node in the UIExplorer

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone encountered such issues?

I’m using the community version.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Screenshot (can’t upload more than one):

Practice3:

obraz

Hello ggolyz,

The exercise is a bit misleading. Google Calendar and Yahoo Finance are Web Appplications that receive constant updates, so the Selectors will present dynamic attributes that will be missing. Still, the only attribute which should be parametrized is “aaname”. I see it’s present also into your selector, so it should work if you concatenate the variable as explained in the walkthrough:
Change the aaname attribute to concatenate the day variable by temporarily closing the quotation marks. Make sure that day is still wrapped in single quotation marks as well: Change the aaname attribute to concatenate the day variable by temporarily closing the quotation marks. Make sure that day is still wrapped in single quotation marks as well.
It should look like this: “… aaname=’" +day + “’ …” .test.xaml (5.7 KB)

I see the SPAN Node is missing, in the Practice 4.You should be able to get it working using just the TD node(tablecell). You will see it presents the aaname attribute that you need to parametrize.

Please let me know if you need more help on this.
Cosmin