Lesson 9 Practice 2 throwing Exception

Consolidate.xlsx (9.4 KB) Main.xaml (16.2 KB)

Hi All,
this is Level 1 lesson 9 Practice 2.
I am following the workflow(and the answer given) - however when I am running the bot it is throwing an exception saying Runtime Execution Error -

“The process cannot access the file Consolidate.xlsx because it is being used by another process.
Exception type - System.IO.IoException”
Although this file consolidate.xlsx is closed and is not opened by me.
Any idea where I am going wrong?

2 Likes

use kill process buddy
with process name as “EXCEL”
and keep this kill process activity before the activity where you are facing issue with
and this might occur as the excel might run in background as well thats why buddy
Cheers @sujoy_mukherjee

did that work buddy @sujoy_mukherjee

hi buddy @Palaniyappan,
No that did not work. Now after giving Kill Process it is throwing the below error:
Filter

1 Like

Here is my filter wizard…filterining and removing IDs that are less than 10.
Filter

2 Likes

Buddy this error is not due to kill process buddy,
the reason is one of the column name mentioned in the filter datatable is not correct as per in your excel…kindly check that once buddy
is that Datatable consildatedDT in the input datatable has that column and more over
mention some other datatable name in outputdatatable variable (not the same as consildatedDT, rather you can mention as Out_consildatedDT a variable of type datatable and default value of new data.datatable in the variable panel)
Cheers @sujoy_mukherjee

hi buddy @Palaniyappan, thanks for replying.
I understand that this error is not for kill process.
Actually I am unable to find out why this error occurs as I am following the workflow and the answer is given by UiPath.
I have kept both the Datatable name same because as it is given. Please see below snapshot:

1 Like

Buddy @sujoy_mukherjee
Fine
Kindly check once whether add headers property in the read range activity is enabled, if not enabled kindly enable it buddy
Cheers

hi buddy @Palaniyappan,
Add Headers is enabled in both Read Ranges activities from the beginning.
But the problem is still there.

Buddy can i have a view on your xaml buddy if possible and send them as a zipped folder with project.json file as well buddy
Cheers @sujoy_mukherjee

Here it is buddy @Palaniyappan
Lesson9Practice2.zip (18.5 KB)

1 Like

Buddy the reason is this one buddy
its mentioned only with first column A, and the column ID is in B column
as we have not mentioned the range as “” rather we mentioned as “A1:A2” alone thats why we are getting error the column ID is not set
so mention like this buddy “” in the range and try buddy that would work for
Cheers @sujoy_mukherjee

1 Like

did that work buddy @sujoy_mukherjee

Hello buddy @Palaniyappan,

Sorry for replying late.

Yes buddy it is working fine now.

Thanks a ton…cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cheers buddy @sujoy_mukherjee
Keep going

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.