Lesson 9, Practice 1 Error: sort table doesn't load in xaml

Hi, I realize this is probably a simple issue. I’m just not seeing it.

Every time I open this file, I get an error before I even run it. Just a red box where Sort Table should be.
Help?

When I try to run it, this is the XamlObjectExceptionError

Main has thrown an exception

Source: System.Xaml

Message: Cannot set unknown member ‘UiPath.Core.Activities.FilterDataTable.Result’.

Exception Type: XamlObjectWriterException

System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Cannot set unknown member ‘UiPath.Core.Activities.FilterDataTable.Result’.
at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartMember(XamlMember property)
at System.Xaml.XamlWriter.WriteNode(XamlReader reader)
at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter, Boolean closeWriter)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.FuncFactory1.Evaluate() at System.Activities.DynamicActivity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.<>c__DisplayClass54_0.b__0()

@AdamHall In your workflow do you have any activity saying it can’t load. [ refer image attached below ]
activityError

Hi Rashmi. Yes, I have that image. In the lesson it says it’s the sort table.

That’s why the error is coming while running the flow. It is because your uipath version doesn’t have Filter Data Table activity

are you using community version or licence version ?

community version

@AdamHall Try this Go to package manager and update Uipath Core Actvities

@AdamHall This activity should have been available in older version of community version. Basic uipath add new activities in community version if the activity is useful they will publish in license version. If not useful they may remove it i think in this case they should have removed. So the best practice is to use community version for learning but when it comes to production use licenced version only.

@indra I tried updating. I have auto update checked. UiPath.Core.Activities doesn’t show in the update section of my package manager.

@Rashmi That’s very unfortunate since it’s in the lesson and as a download. I can’t cut it out and paste in another to see if it works. Any ideas on how to work around it? Thanks for your help.

@AdamHall What is the version of your uipath studio

@AdamHall

You can use this flow as we have pre-define function in vb.net
consolidatedDT.Select(“[ID] < 10”).CopyToDataTable

[Select function] : Will filter the DataTable.

For Practice :
Consolidate table.xaml (14.2 KB)

Thanks @Rashmi. I’m guessing I have to have excel installed for it to work as well. Is there a way to work with CSV’s without excel installed?

@AdamHall Yes you can use read CSV even if you don’t have Excel installed

Only Excel application Scope activity require Excel Installed.

I thought I could. It’s giving me an error saying that Excel isn’t installed.