Lesson 5 - Practice 2 walkthrough

Hello, I’m more than frustrated with Uipath …in general. The videos and instructions look easy and simple but when you start doing things too many things don’t work, including the .xaml solutions for the exercises. I don’t know if the way the lessons are shown isn’t clear enough or they have missing parts in purpouse but every single lesson is a headache to make it work somehow. Am I the only one in this situation??

With this practice with notepad… I click on ‘format’ to attach the window, ok window attached. But next I must click on ‘Font’ …yes sounds easy but how am I supposed to click on ‘Font’ when the menu disappears as I go back to Uipath to add the ‘attach window’ and ‘click’ activity ??? So when I go back again to Notepad I can only click again in ‘format’ because the menu disappeared.

Thanks for any response!

1 Like

@JavierGG you can press F2 it will pause for 3 seconds

1 Like

Thanks @indra! ok now I can go ahead but F2 was supposed to be used with recording, the said nothing about using it out of there. How did you discover it?? I must be missing information.

Not only in record you can use outside the record also

Late response to this but I agree. You can get held up for hrs on minutae that is not explained. This is the problem with lots of online learning. There is a simple solution and that is to have a forum for lessons which fill in the gaps or most common problems for each lesson. I left another free RPA forums online learning because of the gap between documentation, video and assignment. It was a large waste of time. While there is room for improvement here it is much better in my humble opinion.

1 Like

hi @indra , i am also facing the same problem , pressing f2 after clicking Format menu item on notepad to keep the format window opened is not working for me, more explanation on how to use f2 will be appreciated.

@santoshg01 By pressing F2 will pause upto 3 seconds within this 3 seconds you can open any application or menu than you can use

1 Like

@indra Thanks so much for your tips, it works !!

1 Like

I thought I’m the only one struggling understanding practice problems and following them. Seems like there is an issue. I wish I knew it earlier, this would have SAVED so much time of mine.

hello. regarding this practice, how to make uipath select the font size that is in blue. to illustrate more. let’s say you run the sequence the first time. the font size scraped is 10, yet if you change it manually. to 12 for example. and run the script again. it will still show 10. which selectors should i choose?

Hello,

You can use Select Item activity.

Click “Indicate element inside window”

Select combo box responsible for font size:

Now you can choose option from dropdown