Joining Data Using If Contains

Hello

I have two sets of data with a matching column “Company name”. I am creating two data tables (dt1 and dt2). In dt1 i have two additional columns “Data” and “Data 2”.

dt2 will have longer company names e.g. “Company name 1 Z” which i want to match up with “Company name” in dt1 using an If contains. If there is a match i want to pull the additional data from dt1 and add it to dt2.

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Test2.xaml (17.6 KB)

Test.xlsx (10.2 KB)

1 Like

A slightly updated version:

Test2.xaml (19.8 KB)

Hi @jon1302

Its resolved as expected buddy

The changes that i made and why

1. Using for each row loop will iterate through the datarow in a datatable and as per our condition we need two for each row loop one within another…but it was mentioned in a flow one next to another, though it iterates we cannot compare the values between two datatables

2. So i changed to sequence from a flowchart to make interloop condition

Hope this xaml would help you

Test2_2.xaml (13.4 KB)

Cheers

1 Like

Is that working buddy

Cheers

Fantastic! thank you

@Palaniyappan i’ve modified it slightly but encountered an issue. On the attached i’m trying to add the columns from the Country Data onto the Invoice Sheet. Currently it’s just copying the data from the Invoice onto sheet 2.

Austria - Copy.xaml (22.4 KB)
Austria.xlsx (12.0 KB)
CompanyDataSetMatch.xaml (7.8 KB)
Invoice Data.xlsx (592.2 KB)
Update_Invoice_Data.xaml (18.5 KB)

1 Like

Updated a little:
Austria - Copy.xaml (25.4 KB)
Austria.xlsx (12.0 KB)
Update_Invoice_Data.xaml (18.5 KB)

I’m trying to print out into dt3 both the original invoice values and also copy in the results from the Country excel

1 Like

@Palaniyappan
Ignore me i got it working :smiley: thanks for your help. You are a legend.

1 Like

Amazing buddy @jon1302

Cheers keep going…!

@Palaniyappan I have it matching okay but currently the dt3 table just prints onto the original Invoice Sheet1. Though it is misaligned as dt3 only shows the matches.

Is it possible to output the result so that on a single sheet i can keep the SupplierTitle data that doesn’t match on the same sheet as the data that does match?

Latest files:

Austria - Copy.xaml (22.6 KB)
Austria.xlsx (12.0 KB)
Update_Invoice_Data.xaml (19.3 KB)

I’m going to try creating a new data table and adding into the Else if the If.

Buddy can you please come again , i didnt get this…!
@Palaniyappan I have it matching okay but currently the dt3 table just prints onto the original Invoice Sheet1. Though it is misaligned as dt3 only shows the matches.

Is it possible to output the result so that on a single sheet i can keep the SupplierTitle data that doesn’t match on the same sheet as the data that does match?

Cheers

Apologies,

I would like to also output a data table that shows the rows in the Invoice Data that do not match.

Yah great got it…now

Here is your xaml buddy
Test2_2_Modified.xaml (17.3 KB)

Cheers

Thanks. Would it be possible to modify so that if the two data columns (Data 1) and (Data 2) were on the second data table they could be added to the first data table?

Test.xlsx (8.8 KB)

1 Like

Yes buddy its possible, we need to change the dt in the last write range activities

simple

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.