Job is running successfully in Orchestrator. Not able to find result output file

Hi, I am new to RPA. I am trying to scrap the stockvalue from website and store into an excel.It work perfectly but the problem is whenever I publish this in orchestrator job is successful. It show that it stored the value in excel but if I open the excel file then there is no data stored. Am I missing something?

Hi Buddy @SDCH

Welcome to uipath community

Well if it works from studio then it should work for sure from orchestrator as well
kindly check these stuffs
–make sure the correct robot is run from orchestrator
–check whether the machine connected to the orchestrator is correct
–and finally check manually running the process from studio and not from orchestrator and check wihether value is getting populated in excel or not

you were almost done
Kindly check this and let know buddy
Cheers @SDCH

Hi @Palaniyappan thank you for replying.

My workflow works fine manuallly. whenever I run it is able to collect the data and store it into next cell. (for eg it stores the data in B column then it will store in C) while I run the workflow from UIrobot it open the excel file and stores the data in column D . after job is done if I open my excel file there is no Data in column D. If I run my job again in UIrobot its storing the data into next cell E but I am not able to see the saved data in column D and E in my excel file.

I don’t know if this is what is happening for you, but there is a bug with the Excel scope where if you have it opened somewhere else, then rather than referencing the file on the network at your location it will instead create a new file locally on the robot’s user account in Documents folder. That means the file is somewhere in the robot’s folder locally on the server and it didn’t update the correct file.

One thing that will help is to ensure that you Close the Workbook (there is an activity for that), so it doesn’t get left open, which has been known to cause the file to be in use.

1 Like

I’m doing a similar task and I’m facing the same issue. Any updates on this @ClaytonM @SDCH?

I also faced the same issue.What i found that, while running through the Orchestrator need to make the file path as Absolute , not relative. Relative path works in your UI studio, but for Orchestrator you need to make the path as absolute.

Regards,
Faisal

2 Likes

I also faced the same issue.What i found that, while running through the Orchestrator need to make the file path as Absolute , not relative. Relative path works in your UI studio, but for Orchestrator you need to make the path as absolute.

Regards,
Faisal

1 Like

Hello…i am facing the same problem ,as have 1 machine only, i am simply showing 2 message boxes first as “Hi” and 2nd as “Hello” in sequence. It displays in studio simultaneously.also from orchestrator it runs successfully but not showing message box output!!!

Hi
Welcome to uipath community
if we want to see the message box output it must ran only as a attended bot that is it must be ran from studio
Only then we can see the message popped out in foreground of the screen

If it’s ran from orchestrator we won’t be able to see the message buddy

Cheers @Tejashree

Thanks…I Got it!!!

Now,i am getting output in message box but not in Excel or CSV…while running its showing as writing in excel file …but after completion of execution when i open the excel it is blank and CSV is also not there… why this is happening?

I have also connected my bot to orchestrator but it is showing run successfully but not showing output result?? it must write an text file as an output?

Wonderful! This solved my team issue, thanks.

Thank you! It’s Worked!

Maybe useful to others,

Absolute path is like this: “E:\Projects\UiPath\Web - DataScraping\WebDataScraping\websc.xlsx”

see image attached.

Hy! Changing the path worked for me too. My issue was that at the end of the process i’m sending an e-mail with all the files that i process with the robot, but when running it from Uipath Assistant the email was empty, even though the program was successful.
My first path was from C:\Users\myname\Documents\ecc and after that i put it in C:\name_of_project.
Thank you for your help!

I am facing the same issue please help me out?