Job Faulted and can't delete them so I can't delete the robots and machines

Ideally, I’d just like to clear out my Orchestrator and start from scratch.

I’m getting the error below about a fileName parameter but have no idea what it is referring to. I supplied the full path the the dummy .xlsx file as a default value to the “in” argument to the Try-Catch Sequence for Practice 9 but it was not called fileName (see attached .xaml).

* Process: Practice8
* Environment: TestEnv
* Robot: NICHOLAS
* Machine name: GOLD3FOREVER
* Info: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: fileName

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: fileName
at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity`1 expressionActivity)
at System.Activities.InArgument`1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary`2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary`2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
* Start Time: 05/18/2019 8:02:02 AM
* End Time: 05/18/2019 8:02:04 AM
* Input Values: null

Output Values: Empty

* Has Recording: false

Edit: Actually my plan to just delete everything is not allowed:

Said something similar for machine as well.

What can I do now?

1 Like

Buddy, stop the pending process in your jobs tab and then delete the robot and machine buddy…

Try to create a new workflow publish it and do from the beginning of how to configure a robot to orchestrator…
Thats all buddy… you are done
Cheers @nyck33

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

I can’t as the stop and kill buttons are unclickable/greyed out both top left and to the right when I pull the dropdown.

1 Like

Fine buddy, go to task manager and stop the process of uirobot…and do the rest as mentioned buddy
Cheers @nyck33

@Palaniyappan

Edit: sorry there was one more pending job at the bottom. I don’t know why it was at the bottom but I must have clicked the sort/reorder button.

Buddy disconnect the robot from orchestrator and then try to delete buddy @nyck33
and only if you delete the process,
you can delete the robot,
and only when you delete the robot, you can delete the environment and machine as well
Cheers @nyck33

No worries buddy
Try and let know buddy @nyck33
Cheers

@Palaniyappan

do you have a .xaml file with solution for Practice 9 of Orchestrator?

That was the cause of my problem in the first place, probably something to do with the arg in or out name that I did not supply (although I thought I did). Here is my post about it: https://forum.uipath.com/t/orchestrator-practice-9-need-way-more-info/117744

1 Like

Well buddy i have mentioned that in your topic, @nyck33
Cheers

were you able to delete the robot buddy @nyck33
did this topic get resolved buddy …
Cheers

@Palaniyappan

Yes it did!

1 Like

Fantastic
Cheers @nyck33

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.