Java application without selectors

Hi,
I have to automate java application. The problem is when I receive prompts within this application asking to click “ok”. When I try to get it’s selectors I receive the index error out of the range. OACR or image exists is not reliable and does not always work. Any other ideas ?

Hi @ledi12 - Can you please check Java extension is installed or not if not then please install using UiPath studio and Please install Java in your system and set environment variable as well.

Hope it helps.

Best!!
Anmol

Hi
We got two options to handle this
Either we can install JAVA EXTENSION so that we could be able to choose the element in the java application
And for your process use attach window activity and use click activity within that
Or

We can use SEND HOT KEY activity with key as tab to navigate across fields and use n number rod send hot key activity with key tab until it takes us to the field where we want to go
And once after reaching using am tab key then use a final send hot key activity with key as enter
For this we don’t need java extension and can use within attach window activity if needed

Hope this would help you
Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification

Cheers @ledi12

Hi @Palaniyappan,

Generally this is the solution I have already used. I used find element activity on selectors that are available and if after 10 seconds the element is still not existing it means that prompt has popped out. In this momen I send hot key. It works, but I was wondering if there was any different, more reliable solution.

Send hot key activity is the most reliable and Fast method to access the elements when the element are not able to be chosen as individual elements

Cheers @ledi12

Ok then :slight_smile: Let’s consider this topic as resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.