Java application crash during recording attempt

Hello,

I need your help to fix the issue with robot for automation of 3rd party Java application.

When I start any recording, or use “indicate on screen” feature for mouse click, or try to use UiExplorer - Java app immediately crashes without much details:

Untitled

It uses custom Java SE V6.

I went through Java troubleshooting checklist, but everything looks fine.

The most important thing, the problem disappears when I use screen scrapping feature first. So currently my robot works in semi-automated way - I need to run manually screen scrapping and after that all features work correctly. When I try to insert screen scrapping as a first step in my program - it doesn’t work.

To be clear, it’s not something with my UiPath code - the issue could be reproduced with completely blank project.

UiPath Studio 2017.1.6522
OS Version: Windows 10 x64

Hi Andy,

Are you sure it’s Java application?
Please collect the crashes, you have the steps in the article below:

And low level traces. Steps here:

After this we can proper investigate why the app crashes.

Thank you for the swift reply.

Yes, I’m sure it is Java.

I’ve collected dump and etl. Forum doesn’t allow to upload files for new users, so I’ve shared in my dropbox. Hope it’s fine:

Please let me know if I can do anything else.

Thank you
Andy

It’s fine with dropbox. I’ve sent the files to my colleagues and I’ll get back to you as soon as they have an answer.

Thanks for your patience!

PS: after gaining trust level 1, you’ll be able to upload files here(https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/4). So stick around :slight_smile:

1 Like